2023 Badger Football Thread

The best BBQ (brisket) locations in Texas. We stop at Kreuz when we go between Austin and the RGV, and pick up about 5# each way. We get the moist version, which is best, in my opinion.

Salt Lick has some good and not so good locations. The one down here in McAllen is only fair. The one up in Georgetown is awesome. Rudy's is pretty much the same way. The one here in our area isn't too hot, and neither is the one in Cedar Park, where we usually get ours up there. Even not so good, is pretty good. It's only 2 blocks from the house, so easy to get to. Their best (Rudy's) that I know of is on I-35, Selma, TX.

Hopefully new staff will be able to make good showing going forward with no divisions. Badgers in past were usually the best in a weaker division. Now need to fight to make sure in the top 2 with the likes of OSU, UM, PSU, USC.

2024 alone will be a killer schedule. Bama and PSU at home and UM and USC away Though I think the team could be good enough to still get 7-8 wins at worst and at best I think a 10-2 season.

The next couple of years will be a challenge for Bucky. 3-4 blueblood programs on the schedule each year. Good for the fans. Gonna be tough to have more than 9 wins in any of those years. They'll need to make some big strides over the next 2 season to be in the mix for a playoff spot. Gonna be fun to watch . . . hopefully.

i'd say the new coach has his work cut out for him. might take a few years before the badgers are ready to compete for the b1g title.

I have a hunch that they're going to be a pretty good team from day one. Maybe not in the top 3, or maybe 4, in the Big 10, but just on the outside looking in.

I see potentially 9 wins this coming season, and possibly a 9/10 win season in 2024. From there on in, depending on how they do over the next two years, they could end up being part of the discussions on who gets to join the group of 12.

I believe this is a transition year, they are adding the pieces needed to compete at a higher level in the future. 7-8 wins this year but better going forward. USC/UCLA are not what they used to be. Let's see what Fick puts together in the fall and go from there.

Reactions: TW
Following his official visit over the weekend, Lagrangeville (N.Y.) Arlington offensive tackle Colin Cubberly gave his pledge to head coach Luke Fickell and the Badgers.

The three-star offensive tackle chose UW over other scholarship offers from Texas, Pittsburgh, N.C. State, Cincinnati, West Virginia, Indiana, Duke, Boston College, and Syracuse. Cubberly also took an official visit with Rutgers and was slated to check out Pitt.

Whatever the Badgers staff is doing, they're doing it right, when it comes to recruiting. They're outreach is amazing, compared to the reach they had in the past. It's obvious that the administration in Madison realizes that the needed to get out in the field more, to get the players they need to be highly competitive. I'm anxious to see how it works on the field over the next few years.

Back