2023 Draft Thread

Packers made 13 picks in the 2023 draft 12 of the 13 are still with the team. 11 of the 13 played in a game this year. 8 of th 13 were major parts of the team this year. I think it's safe to say Gute hit a homerun.

Packers made 13 picks in the 2023 draft 12 of the 13 are still with the team. 11 of the 13 played in a game this year. 8 of th 13 were major parts of the team this year. I think it's safe to say Gute hit a homerun.
Will see in three years or so. It’s one thing to play beyond yourselves for half a season. It’s another to do it year after year.

Will see in three years or so. It’s one thing to play beyond yourselves for half a season. It’s another to do it year after year.
It seems though how all these players played year one helped push up the timeline of the rebuild retool whatever you want to call it.

Agreed. Let's just hope that they can continue to develop, and this year, being thrust into the lineup for various reasons, becomes a huge stepping stone for their progession.

Is Karl Brooks the most under rated player we drafted this year? 6th round pick played in every game. While only playing in about 1/3 of the snaps he managed to get 20 tackles, 4 sacks, 4 passes defended, 1 FF, 2 FR, 6 TFL, 5 QB Hits

I was thrilled when we drafted him. I thought he was a great steal and ready to have GB take him in the 4th round but getting him in the 6th that was crazy he dropped that far.

Is Karl Brooks the most under rated player we drafted this year? 6th round pick played in every game. While only playing in about 1/3 of the snaps he managed to get 20 tackles, 4 sacks, 4 passes defended, 1 FF, 2 FR, 6 TFL, 5 QB Hits

I was thrilled when we drafted him. I thought he was a great steal and ready to have GB take him in the 4th round but getting him in the 6th that was crazy he dropped that far.
Lots of positives this year. Season isn't over, but at this point, I'm impressed with Gutey's picks and ML and staff's development of these guys. It'll be nice to see them advance next week.

Trying to think of team needs and I'm doing a mental exercise - think about a position, and then think about if GB currently has anyone that you either know is good, or that you'd like to see more of. Going through the roster, I come up with:

Safety - zero, no one. Maybe AJJ for depth
Corner - Jaire is good, wouldn't mind seeing more of Valentine.
ILB - I like Quay to start, like McDuffie to back up.
EDGE - Gary, LVN. Enegbare Ok depth. Preston likely gone. Low key area of need/depth
DL - oddly enough, maybe deepest part of the team. Clark is good. Slaton, Wyatt, Brooks, Wooden all earned chance for more time and development

Interior OL - Jenkins is good, do we actually love anyone else in there? Myers just OK, not urgent. Rhyan will get a shot, probably just OK, not urgent. But interesting to think about.
OT - Tom is good, Walker has a place somewhere, DB is the big question mark - but say he's gone, that spot is one injury away from disaster. Bigger need than I thought
TE - love that room overall right now - Musgrave, Kraft, Sims.
RB - Maybe retain Jones but that's an empty room right now beyond him
WR - Reed, Wicks, Watson all earned time and development. Melton has earned time. Doubs is productive, Heath adds something. Wouldn't pass up a stud here but I'm not sure who goes to the bench for a vet or another pick.
QB - Love is the guy, Clifford is cheap. Would like to see a vet here but they haven't done it that way in GB since Mike Sherman

OK, so based on the above, I think the areas of need are, in order: S, RB, CB, OT, ILB, EDGE, OG/C

evry time i see a post like this i get excited. until i remember how will whitticker started 14 of 16 regular season games for the packers in 2005 and some people thought he was a great late round pickup. after that rookie season, he never played another regular season snap for any team in the nfl. so i try to curb my enthusiasm.

evry time i see a post like this i get excited. until i remember how will whitticker started 14 of 16 regular season games for the packers in 2005 and some people thought he was a great late round pickup. after that rookie season, he never played another regular season snap for any team in the nfl. so i try to curb my enthusiasm.
Will Whitticker stunk, that was the year Ted let go of Rivera and Wahle, and replaced them with WW and Adrian Klemm because they were hard pressed on the cap and they had no one else. Brooks has earned his time and he's producing IMO.

Will Whitticker stunk, that was the year Ted let go of Rivera and Wahle, and replaced them with WW and Adrian Klemm because they were hard pressed on the cap and they had no one else. Brooks has earned his time and he's producing IMO.
hope youse guyz are right.

Back