2023 NFL Season Thread

So Lions safety Brian Branch pick 6 in his first NFL game. GB could have had him but traded away that pick to the Lions for a late round pick.
Lions starting out with a nice win...only watched a little bit of the game but I can imagine that their fan base is anointing them the new SB contender

Lions starting out with a nice win...only watched a little bit of the game but I can imagine that their fan base is anointing them the new SB contender
They might be. They play hard. They whipped our soft asses last year when they had nothing to play for and we had everything to play for. Last night they walked into the Superbowl Champions home and beat them. They're on the rise.

They might be. They play hard. They whipped our soft asses last year when they had nothing to play for and we had everything to play for. Last night they walked into the Superbowl Champions home and beat them. They're on the rise.
I think they are trending up, and I hate saying that, but they've strung together some nice wins to end last season and then start off this season. They should contend for the division.

The Lions defense played well. KC's passing game relies a lot on Kelce drawing attention, blocking, or getting the ball. Without him, they became less effective. I don't think Mahomes was happy with his receivers hands last night, or his own accuracy with passes. He seemed rusty.

Goff is a tough nut. He stood in there pretty well under pressure. Give him credit. He's found a place that respects him, and he's making the best of it. You gotta like how Campbell has put his coaching staff together. They do a good job getting the best out of a lot of marginal players. Good coaching can make some weaknesses a lot less of a liability.

Since I haven't seen the Packers play yet, I can't even guess how well we'll match up against them when the time comes. Right now, I'm concerned about Sunday, and the Bears. Starting the season with that rivalry is a huge opportunity for the winner to at least carry a big stick for a while.

So Lions safety Brian Branch pick 6 in his first NFL game. GB could have had him but traded away that pick to the Lions for a late round pick.
The ball went right through Kadarius Toney's hands and landed in his lap. Then he got hurt. If he was on GB you'd be complaining that he's injury prone. Come on man!

Not taking anything away from the Lions but Week 1 blanket caveat applies - it's a mirage week in the NFL. Never as good, never as bad. Still, they're going to be good/solid and a pain in the butt to play and finish out.

The ball went right through Kadarius Toney's hands and landed in his lap. Then he got hurt. If he was on GB you'd be complaining that he's injury prone. Come on man!

Not taking anything away from the Lions but Week 1 blanket caveat applies - it's a mirage week in the NFL. Never as good, never as bad. Still, they're going to be good/solid and a pain in the butt to play and finish out.
He has to be better then Savage who's not better then Savage?

Are you being serious? Do you want to judge the pick off of one game, when only two teams have played? Is that what we’re doing here?
Savage is just awful though. Savage IMO is not a starting quality safety and may not even be a good backup and just seeing the field on what he's getting paid this year.

KC's passing game relies a lot on Kelce drawing attention, blocking, or getting the ball. Without him, they became less effective. I don't think Mahomes was happy with his receivers hands last night, or his own accuracy with passes. He seemed rusty.
i was looking at the stats, and he had two receivers who caught all of the passes where they were the target. mvs was one of them, and he had the most receiving yards in the game for the chefs (48). but mahomes only targeted him twice. the only other receiver to catch all of their targets was isiah pacheco, who caught four balls for 31 yards. at the other end of the spectrum there was kadarius toney, who was targeted five times and caught one pass for one yard. and skyy moore, who was targeted three times and caught none. mahomes spread the ball around to 12 different players, but you would think he might focus more on guys who were doing well. still, it has to be tough when your go-to guy isn't playing and your best receiver is mvs. i think we've seen that movie before.

Back