2023 NFL Season Thread

i was looking at the stats, and he had two receivers who caught all of the passes where they were the target. mvs was one of them, and he had the most receiving yards in the game for the chefs (48). but mahomes only targeted him twice. the only other receiver to catch all of their targets was isiah pacheco, who caught four balls for 31 yards. at the other end of the spectrum there was kadarius toney, who was targeted five times and caught one pass for one yard. and skyy moore, who was targeted three times and caught none. mahomes spread the ball around to 12 different players, but you would think he might focus more on guys who were doing well. still, it has to be tough when your go-to guy isn't playing and your best receiver is mvs. i think we've seen that movie before.
KC I think could be at end of their run. No true #1 WR and Kelce is getting up there in age. If they want to keep going I think KC is going to have to go make a trade to get someone. Maybe go get Mike Evans or perhaps Adams after this year wants out of Vegas.

KC I think could be at end of their run. No true #1 WR and Kelce is getting up there in age. If they want to keep going I think KC is going to have to go make a trade to get someone. Maybe go get Mike Evans or perhaps Adams after this year wants out of Vegas.
they would have no problems attracting the best talent. the question would be whether they have the cap space or not, what with these outrageous contracts elite wide receivers are getting these days.

i was looking at the stats, and he had two receivers who caught all of the passes where they were the target. mvs was one of them, and he had the most receiving yards in the game for the chefs (48). but mahomes only targeted him twice. the only other receiver to catch all of their targets was isiah pacheco, who caught four balls for 31 yards. at the other end of the spectrum there was kadarius toney, who was targeted five times and caught one pass for one yard. and skyy moore, who was targeted three times and caught none. mahomes spread the ball around to 12 different players, but you would think he might focus more on guys who were doing well. still, it has to be tough when your go-to guy isn't playing and your best receiver is mvs. i think we've seen that movie before.
MVS just isn't a volume receiver. I liked him in GB, he fit a role the same as he does in KC but he just has a limited route tree so will always have limited targets. Kelce is a high volume guy, no question KC wins if they had him active but if, if, if. That's the NFL so no excuses. Still, the comparison to GB without Adams is a good one. You can try to add depth piecemeal year to year but it's not always going to work, and you wind up where KC is right now.

MVS just isn't a volume receiver. I liked him in GB, he fit a role the same as he does in KC but he just has a limited route tree so will always have limited targets. Kelce is a high volume guy, no question KC wins if they had him active but if, if, if. That's the NFL so no excuses. Still, the comparison to GB without Adams is a good one. You can try to add depth piecemeal year to year but it's not always going to work, and you wind up where KC is right now.
KC is in same boat GB was also in. Drafting end of round all the time often leads you to not being able to draft that top talent and have to take a guy who likely is going to be a project you work on.

And when GB wins it's first game fans will be chanting SB too... It's all fluff all around....

Nice way to start the year for them. Going back to last year they've definitely been showing improvement. Can they sustain it is the key.

I wouldn't talk about bringing anyone in right now. Go with who you have and see what they can do .... Talk about player acquisition next off season.

I can only hope the Pack plays with the effort, attitude, and enthusiasm of the Lions tomorrow

Interesting article, but I think they missed the point. Any ball that exchange hands, that goes through the end zone, awards the ball to the defenders on the 20. Even INTs, that are in the end zone and not run back are set on the 20. Punts and missed FGs, on the 20. It's a change of possession. I like the way the rule stands to be honest.

Interesting article, but I think they missed the point. Any ball that exchange hands, that goes through the end zone, awards the ball to the defenders on the 20. Even INTs, that are in the end zone and not run back are set on the 20. Punts and missed FGs, on the 20. It's a change of possession. I like the way the rule stands to be honest.
Thing is if a offensive player fumbles the ball now and it goes out of bounds not in the endzone the offense keeps the ball were it went out of bounds. If fumbled out of bounds in the endzone should the offense not keep it back at the one yard line?

I don’t know, to me it’s an IQ test. Don’t reach the ball out like that with one hand. It’s really such a limited circumstance where it happens, only really at the pylon.

Back