2023 NFL Season Thread

I'm ok with the rule. It's in a limited situation so how about the coaches coach situational football and make their players aware of that rule? Stretch out that ball anywhere on that field except near that pylon or goal line? Maybe it's just me but it's pretty simple. Again, it's a simple rule. Learn it and be aware of it in certain situations.

I'm ok with the rule. It's in a limited situation so how about the coaches coach situational football and make their players aware of that rule? Stretch out that ball anywhere on that field except near that pylon or goal line? Maybe it's just me but it's pretty simple. Again, it's a simple rule. Learn it and be aware of it in certain situations.
so let's say the running back has just run 80 yards with the ball, and as he approaches the end zone a defensive player punches the ball out of his hands and the ball rolls out of bounds one mm before the goal line. his team keeps possession of the ball at the spot where it rolled out. but if the ball rolls just a couple mm farther before going out of bounds, not only does the ball go back out to the 20 yard line, but his team loses possession.

this just makes zero sense to me. what exactly is the purpose of the rule? simply to create a random way to penalize the offense? is there actually a good reason for the rule and i'm just not aware?

so let's say the running back has just run 80 yards with the ball, and as he approaches the end zone a defensive player punches the ball out of his hands and the ball rolls out of bounds one mm before the goal line. his team keeps possession of the ball at the spot where it rolled out. but if the ball rolls just a couple mm farther before going out of bounds, not only does the ball go back out to the 20 yard line, but his team loses possession.

this just makes zero sense to me. what exactly is the purpose of the rule? simply to create a random way to penalize the offense? is there actually a good reason for the rule and i'm just not aware?
To avoid the ruling from coming into effect, hang onto the ball, and you won't have the turn over. We've seen defenders punch the ball out near the end zone. We've had Packer players do it. It's a good play on their part, and pretty darned bone headed on the part of the guy with the ball to let it happen.

Just my opinion.

Bad news>>>Thanks Dillon bh(

The Green Bay Packers were already without All Pro left tackle David Bakhtiari and now their Pro Bowl left guard Elgton Jenkins is expected to miss multiple weeks because of the left knee injury he sustained in Sunday's loss at the Falcons.

Jenkins said Monday that he was diagnosed with a sprained MCL. It's the same knee in which he had a torn ACL that ended his 2021 season. It was not immediately clear whether Jenkins will go on injured reserve, which would require him to miss a minimum of four games.
It happened on a short-yardage play in the second quarter, when running back AJ Dillon appeared to fall on Jenkins left leg.

"Just got landed on," said Jenkins, who was wearing a large brace on his knee to restrict movement.

Question for the committee why is GB continuing to feed Dillon as #1 with Jones out? Why not let some other guys have meaningful reps? It’s like givin the def a break

Question for the committee why is GB continuing to feed Dillon as #1 with Jones out? Why not let some other guys have meaningful reps? It’s like givin the def a break
Because Taylor and Wilson are JAG for all that matters and not even quality #2

Horrible injury for Nick Chubb. Knee's don't bend backwards. Hope that is not a career ending injury.

Back