Aaron Rodgers Reveals He Thinks About Retirement ‘All the Time’

His admission that he thinks about retirement "all the time" is not real assuring of his full commitment to the Packers and I'm a little surprised he said this publicly. As someone who is also on the cusp of retirement, I have to say that, subconsciously at least, you become a little less committed to all of the minor details of your role when you begin to see the finish line approaching. The NFL season is a grind and the pressure on him will be even greater this year as he develops chemistry with a new crop of receivers. Bad sign if he is already thinking of checking out.tc(

His admission that he thinks about retirement "all the time" is not real assuring of his full commitment to the Packers and I'm a little surprised he said this publicly. As someone who is also on the cusp of retirement, I have to say that, subconsciously at least, you become a little less committed to all of the minor details of your role when you begin to see the finish line approaching. The NFL season is a grind and the pressure on him will be even greater this year as he develops chemistry with a new crop of receivers. Bad sign if he is already thinking of checking out.tc(
I think this may be a case where Rodgers (like Favre before him) is being a little too honest with the media (a departure from some his comments in various settings last year).

These guys play a violent sport where their bodies likely hurt constantly during the playing season. I would bet a lot of NFL vets over 28-30 years old are thinking about retirement all the time. If they didn't think about retirement, it would be abnormal.

I think this may be a case where Rodgers (like Favre before him) is being a little too honest with the media (a departure from some his comments in various settings last year).

These guys play a violent sport where their bodies likely hurt constantly during the playing season. I would bet a lot of NFL vets over 28-30 years old are thinking about retirement all the time. If they didn't think about retirement, it would be abnormal.
This is 100% accurate. He’s been public the last 2 years that it’s been a consideration and he does not need the cash.

Back