Badger QB Preview

It's all about building relationships at the high school level, not instant gratification because you changed what you're doing. It will take several years to change the landscape of your recruiting. It's an evolving level of trust that you develop at the grass root level. It's why we can't compete now, and if this attitude continues, we never will.

Of course, if people want to continue living in the Larry David world of saying it ain't gonna work is just fine with me. I won't live long enough to see the results of doing it right anyhow.
Things that won’t change
Academic requirements
Wisconsin weather
Wisconsin culture (acquired taste)
Investment in facilities

You can have all the relationship building you want but unless some of the above is addressed it won’t matter. BB did a really good job of building relationships in Florida, especially WPB. The recruiting stories of Jacoby Brissette and Alex Collins come to mind.

Things that won’t change
Academic requirements
Wisconsin weather
Wisconsin culture (acquired taste)
Investment in facilities

You can have all the relationship building you want but unless some of the above is addressed it won’t matter. BB did a really good job of building relationships in Florida, especially WPB. The recruiting stories of Jacoby Brissette and Alex Collins come to mind.
I thin Academics should change no reason to enforce such hard requirments to get in

Yeah and I think that will be harder to do with UCLA and USC coming in.
Well actually no different. UCLA is far from a dominant program and NY 6 games are not conference specific

I thin Academics should change no reason to enforce such hard requirments to get in
Even if we went to BB era requirements it won’t be a significant difference. It’s just one piece to the puzzle

Well actually no different. UCLA is far from a dominant program and NY 6 games are not conference specific
But if they are added to West division I think UW finds it harder to win. We are seeing right now other schools closing the gap on UW

But if they are added to West division I think UW finds it harder to win. We are seeing right now other schools closing the gap on UW
Won’t matter. Winning the west does not = some NY 6 game

Won’t matter. Winning the west does not = some NY 6 game
I think Badgers will be often looking at a 8-4 record for a bunch of years maybe 9-3 that's not a NY 6 day record

I think Badgers will be often looking at a 8-4 record for a bunch of years maybe 9-3 that's not a NY 6 day record
Well just drop the program then. What has UCLA done in the past 10 years that’s significant?

Back