Badger QB Preview

Well then UW needs to find a way to improve those resources as time changes
It cost money and along with that changing admission standard. And then selling a kid to come to Madison. Some fans think that you can flip a switch and go head to head with OSU, Michigan. Well that has not happened for 40 years. Hey I love Madison and what it offers but selling that to some kid who had offers from ND , or Michigan or hell any SEC school is a really hard sell.

Mark's words come to mind. Resources. Wisconsin lacks resources. When Khalil was interviewed, he stated he had 4 people working full time in Madison with recruiting. At Michigan State, he has 12. It's obvious that you can cover at least 3 times as much ground with 12 than you can with 4. It also means there are less follow ups with 4. It also indicates that their budget is bare bones, not geared to go out and do top level recruiting.

As for the number of offers, that's pretty much dependent on the number of real contacts they can make, and how many people they have who are able to stay on top of the situation regarding potential recruits. Wisconsin is not projecting themselves into recruiting like they should. They seem to be laid back, and think that the best will just decide that being a Badger is all that these kids have ever dreamed about.

Mark's words come to mind. Resources. Wisconsin lacks resources. When Khalil was interviewed, he stated he had 4 people working full time in Madison with recruiting. At Michigan State, he has 12. It's obvious that you can cover at least 3 times as much ground with 12 than you can with 4. It also means there are less follow ups with 4. It also indicates that their budget is bare bones, not geared to go out and do top level recruiting.

As for the number of offers, that's pretty much dependent on the number of real contacts they can make, and how many people they have who are able to stay on top of the situation regarding potential recruits. Wisconsin is not projecting themselves into recruiting like they should. They seem to be laid back, and think that the best will just decide that being a Badger is all that these kids have ever dreamed about.
Offers are also dictated by class size and also will the kid qualify. It’s not as simple as more boots on the ground. I don’t think it’s laid back it’s more dictated by money and academics. And latter is a real issue

Offers are also dictated by class size and also will the kid qualify. It’s not as simple as more boots on the ground. I don’t think it’s laid back it’s more dictated by money and academics. And latter is a real issue
Money = action. Without money, you don't cover the ground necessary to insure you get better players. As far as academics, I understand that. That's why you need to work harder on expanding the recruiting program, to insure you find the kids that match the criteria. You don't sit back and say you haven't got the money.

Money = action. Without money, you don't cover the ground necessary to insure you get better players. As far as academics, I understand that. That's why you need to work harder on expanding the recruiting program, to insure you find the kids that match the criteria. You don't sit back and say you haven't got the money.
No disagreement there but you can only expand so much when the pool is already limited. The other part of the money equation is facilities which, while an upgrade from where it was is not on par with other P5 “elite” programs

It cost money and along with that changing admission standard. And then selling a kid to come to Madison. Some fans think that you can flip a switch and go head to head with OSU, Michigan. Well that has not happened for 40 years. Hey I love Madison and what it offers but selling that to some kid who had offers from ND , or Michigan or hell any SEC school is a really hard sell.
I do agree admission standards need to be changed. UW needs to stop acting like it's a top school for education. Besides NW I think they are the hardest school in the Big Ten to get into.

I do agree admission standards need to be changed. UW needs to stop acting like it's a top school for education. Besides NW I think they are the hardest school in the Big Ten to get into.
They are on par with Purdue. They are a very highly regarded institution for education, that’s fact

Yes it is a top school for education

The University of Wisconsin–Madison is the highest ranking national public university and fourth overall in Washington Monthly's 2021 College Guide and Rankings. The ranking is based on three criteria: research excellence, social mobility, and community and national service.Aug 30, 2021

They are on par with Purdue. They are a very highly regarded institution for education, that’s fact
Yeah but that puts them in a place were they will have to reject many athletes because of their education

Yes it is a top school for education

The University of Wisconsin–Madison is the highest ranking national public university and fourth overall in Washington Monthly's 2021 College Guide and Rankings. The ranking is based on three criteria: research excellence, social mobility, and community and national service.Aug 30, 2021
Then fans should never expect to compete in sports as they will have to reject many kids other schools will gladly accept

Back