Badgers chopped down by Gophers 37-15

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
All good things must come to an end. For the Wisconsin Badgers that meant a 14-game win streak over the rival Minnesota Gophers, who took down the Badgers 37-15 on Saturday afternoon at Camp Randall Stadium. Not only did the Gophers end the 14-game win streak by the Badgers, it was also the first win by Minnesota in Madison since 1994 and the worst loss by the Badgers at home to the Gophers since...

Source

Continue reading...

Inexcusable loss by UW today. If Barry doesn't have a little sit down with PC after this then he's a bit of a hypocrite as he said a few years ago that the Minn game was how this program is judged and how important it is.

Closing thought is this, PC had some red flags at Pitt but we all blew them off. Those came out in a big way this season including some poor recruiting in key skill positions. Listen I love that a kid from Amherst earned a scholarship etc but each of those kids aren't Jim L....he MUST go get better athletes in the skills or he will need to be dismissed before it's too late.

It was worse live. I was with a large group of boosters today and boy were they fit to be tied. The honeymoon is over. Hopefully they can turn it around for the bowl game and come back healthy next fall.

Down year for Badgers. Fans of PC will no longer be able to say he was playing with Anderson guys as but for maybe a few 5th year seniors next year all the guys will be players brought in by PC. But looking right now I can't see this team doing any better for the next 1-2 seasons. Barry contract runs until Jan. 2021 so I think PC will have the next 2 years and if he struggles the next AD might say well 7-5 football is not good enough and give him his buyout money and move on to a new HC.

Oh would like to put out there I would not mind if the Badgers did put feelers out to Dave Aranda to come back as HC. But right now the Badgers moving on from PC is so slim that I think there is better chance the Packers keep MM than fire PC.

I thought Chryst might be a good choice for head coach. At the time, it was between him, Aranda, and Doeren in my book. Now I'm very disappointed in the choice. I have the same sense with basketball. I wish there had been a way to get Tony Bennett to sign on as head coach, but I figured Gard seemed solid enough, and Bo believed in him. At least that's what we saw. Maybe he misjudged him?

I'm not certain if Alvarez has made it a point to hire "nice guys" instead of guys who have fire shooting out their ears. The guys with fire are the ones that motivate teams, and seem to do well in recruiting as well.

In both cases, recruiting hasn't been that good, despite the numbers going on to play in the NFL.

Would Aranda boost recruiting? Who would be the "new" offensive coordinator? I think he'd dump Rudolph.

We've had too many HC changes over a short period of time. We need to find someone who will stick for a while.

absolutely dreadful performance and painful to watch. badgers gave up early, and towards the end the defense wasn't even trying. i actually think that the last badgers td was given to them by the gophers out of pity.

I've always been a Hornibrook supporter, but its time to admit that he has not gotten a lick better in 3 years. I have no idea how you watch him play and avoid that conclusion. I don't think his coaches are helping him very much in the passing game, which continues to underachieve under a plodding, vanilla design, but at a certain point you have to prove you can make good decisions and can be trusted with the football. He has not. He continues to make the same terrible mistakes over and over again. Part of it is coaching, part of it is on him.

At this point it does not matter. There has to be a legitimate open competition this spring, and Chryst has to change his philosophy to quit f-ing around pounding the ball up the middle the entire 1st quarter and running draws to Groshek.

I've always been a Hornibrook supporter, but its time to admit that he has not gotten a lick better in 3 years.

dude was constantly throwing into tight double and triple coverage expecting good outcomes. clearly he doesn't have a clue.

Back