Brewers 2023 Season Thread

If the WI govt would cave into this taxpayers over 40-45 years will have paid for about 85% of the cost to build and upgrade the stadium while the team pays only 15%.
That's extremely cheap rent for a venue like that. That's only about $12,000 per game. Maybe they should work out an additional payment based on ticket sales. Maybe add $2-3 per ticket? If they drew 2 million fans, that would generate anywhere from $4 to $6 million in added payments, without the team specifically paying more than the $1 mill a year?

There has to be a creative way of handling it, and guaranteeing a payback to the community for the investment.

I know the comments people make. "I won't go if they charge more!" Fine. Someone else will. The reality is, for a family of four, going to a Brewers game is cheaper than it is in most venues, and it's one of the nicest facilities for attendance. Between concession prices, and ticket prices, it's a good deal for major league baseball. Even the increased ticket price would add tax revenue, based on sales tax, etc.

Now, if the Brewers get the money from the concessions, the stadium commission is getting screwed. They need to address this problem, and not knuckle under to the Brewers, or MLB.

Is anyone watching the Brewers anymore? My god, the worst team in baseball right now.

Is anyone watching the Brewers anymore? My god, the worst team in baseball right now.
well, technically, the kc royals are the worst team in baseball right now and the brewers are only a half game out of first place in their division. but yeah, the brewers are not doing great this year.

Hopefully Brewers are smart enough to move on from Counsell after the season. 9 years in MKE only has managed to win one postseason series. Few times the had pretty good Brewers teams that should have done something but did not.

Good sweep of the right team at the right time. Hope they start a winning trend.

@Brewers
·
5m

RHP JB Bukauskas recalled from Triple-A Nashville. LHP Clayton Andrews selected from Triple-A Nashville.RHP Matt Bush and LHP Thomas Pannone designated for assignment.

Brewers suffering from nearly as bad a case of not being able to get the job done as my White Sox. Add in the Cubs, Detroit, and Minnesota leading the AL Central with a losing record (Ouch!), and baseball is not the best game played in the midwest at this point. It's gotta be pickle ball winning, because old farts don't have to play well, just not keel over having a massive coronary.

Brewers bullpen is trash. Burnes leaves after 7 innings. They are up 10-2. Final score 11-8. Give up 6 runs in 8th inning. This team won't go anywhere if they somehow luck into winning the division. Time to sell and go into full rebuild.

Just when I'm ready to write them off they win 5 of 6 against the division leading Reds, and the bullpen looks solid. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come, but I'm afraid this won't last and eventually they'll drop back to near .500.

Just when I'm ready to write them off they win 5 of 6 against the division leading Reds, and the bullpen looks solid. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come, but I'm afraid this won't last and eventually they'll drop back to near .500.
Reds become 1st team in 130 years to have 3 straight games of 0 runs and less then 8 hits.

Back