Bucks vs Suns NBA Finals Thread

Giannis upgraded from doubtful to questionable for tonight's game.

Per reports Giannis to play in game 1 tonight.

This game was even accept for the refs calling the game one sided.

They just didn't seem like they were calling the fouls on Phoenix. Not complaining about the Bucks fouls, just not sure why on one end the Suns can be physical, and then the Bucks do the exact same thing on the other end and it gets called. I especially remember one play where the announcers said "and that's a great savvy veteran play by CP3 to come up with that turnover . . " when he clearly fouled. Not sure if it changes the outcome, but whenever there's that big of a differential in fouls you have to wonder.

No it was not close to being even. Booker and especially Paul dominated and Lopez was exposed in the high pick and roll, they could not contain either. Yeah some questionable calls but it not why Phoenix was up 20

They just didn't seem like they were calling the fouls on Phoenix. Not complaining about the Bucks fouls, just not sure why on one end the Suns can be physical, and then the Bucks do the exact same thing on the other end and it gets called. I especially remember one play where the announcers said "and that's a great savvy veteran play by CP3 to come up with that turnover . . " when he clearly fouled. Not sure if it changes the outcome, but whenever there's that big of a differential in fouls you have to wonder.
Booker got into the lane and created a-lot of contact. To quick for Connaughton had 4 and were legit. They where more aggressive. The foul count was 18-14. And you are correct it does not change the outcome. The real differential in FF was Booker who shot 10

Devin Booker is a poster child for how difficult evaluation is and the transition from college to pro. He was arguably the 4th or 5th option on that Kentucky Final Four team who lost to Wisconsin and Dekker schooled him. Just a fantastic player

Booker got into the lane and created a-lot of contact. To quick for Connaughton had 4 and were legit. They where more aggressive. The foul count was 18-14. And you are correct it does not change the outcome. The real differential in FF was Booker who shot 10
"Created a lot of contact". This again is something I really dislike about the NBA officiating, where offensive players can create the contact, but yet the defender gets the foul. There was one play last night, where Giannis was running slightly behind CP3, when CP3 cut in front of Giannis and stopped (rather than shooting a layup that might get blocked), and of course Giannis ran into him. That's no different than sticking your foot out when you're in the air to get contact - if CP3 hadn't done that, Giannis would not have hit him.

"Created a lot of contact". This again is something I really dislike about the NBA officiating, where offensive players can create the contact, but yet the defender gets the foul. There was one play last night, where Giannis was running slightly behind CP3, when CP3 cut in front of Giannis and stopped (rather than shooting a layup that might get blocked), and of course Giannis ran into him. That's no different than sticking your foot out when you're in the air to get contact - if CP3 hadn't done that, Giannis would not have hit him.
And thats what the rules / competition committee is going to look at in the offseason. I have more issues with a guy I like Young who leaps left of right to create contact than what Paul did. What Paul did we were taught in HS to be honest, its been part of the game for years. What Harden, Young and others do needs to be addressed.

Back