Giannis staying in Milwaukee?

TW

Reaction score
Last night, Giannis indicated he's staying in Milwaukee. I tend to believe he means it. I think he's happy being where he is. There are a few things the Bucks need to address. It's easy to point critically, as a fan, but it's an issue that will quite honestly play out as part of the salary cap. As far as potential free agents this summer, we could lose several, but none are really major players on the team. They're bench players, and quite honestly, we need to step it up a bit there to develop enough talent that the Bucks can actually play effectively against better teams even if Giannis is out for a period of time. We just don't have that balance that some other teams have, making them a bit better.

Last night, Giannis indicated he's staying in Milwaukee. I tend to believe he means it. I think he's happy being where he is. There are a few things the Bucks need to address. It's easy to point critically, as a fan, but it's an issue that will quite honestly play out as part of the salary cap. As far as potential free agents this summer, we could lose several, but none are really major players on the team. They're bench players, and quite honestly, we need to step it up a bit there to develop enough talent that the Bucks can actually play effectively against better teams even if Giannis is out for a period of time. We just don't have that balance that some other teams have, making them a bit better.
I sure hope so but until he signs on the dotted line I am not sold. He wants to win titles and IMO that talent is not in MKE. Other teams can put a 2nd star on teams and have decent benches but MKE has overspent on guys who are not that talented. Bucks have zero cap room to improve the team so will need to find ways through trades to improve the team. Middleton is ok but he's not that 2nd superstar player you want next to Giannis.

I sure hope so but until he signs on the dotted line I am not sold. He wants to win titles and IMO that talent is not in MKE. Other teams can put a 2nd star on teams and have decent benches but MKE has overspent on guys who are not that talented. Bucks have zero cap room to improve the team so will need to find ways through trades to improve the team. Middleton is ok but he's not that 2nd superstar player you want next to Giannis.
Clearly you have not watched Middleton in the bubble especially vs Miami. And when you look around the league who really have 2 studs in their prime? Maybe both LA teams but thats about it. Let's face it no team who is worth a damn has any cap room or a lot of flexibility. It comes down to what pieces you have.

And the reality of it is that the bubble and the shutdown hurt Milwaukee more than any team in the league. To have the best record in the league yes you have the talent to win a title. Lot of blame to go around, bench which was a strong suit was for the most part MIA, Bud made some questionable decisions also and interior defense was horrible. Don't get me started on spacing and rotations.

Miami was the worst possible matchup. 3 guys who can shoot from 3, which is Bucks weakness, 3 solid man defenders. As constructed this team can win a championship. Could they improve sure

The bench was a disappointment in the bubble. Korver looked his age, Connaughton was MIA. I love what Bledsoe brings, great defense, his assist to TO ratio (9-1 last night) and he can get to the paint and kick out but could you move him for a solid 2 who can consistently score from 3? And if you can who plays point? I know nitpick but I dont see Matthews as the answer. Wishful thinking? Chris Paul

The bench was a disappointment in the bubble. Korver looked his age, Connaughton was MIA. I love what Bledsoe brings, great defense, his assist to TO ratio (9-1 last night) and he can get to the paint and kick out but could you move him for a solid 2 who can consistently score from 3? And if you can who plays point? I know nitpick but I dont see Matthews as the answer. Wishful thinking? Chris Paul
Thing is do you want to pay a current 35 year old Paul 85 million over the next 2 years? I am sure OKC would love to move that contract but to make that work means Middleton is being shipped out.

Clearly you have not watched Middleton in the bubble especially vs Miami. And when you look around the league who really have 2 studs in their prime? Maybe both LA teams but thats about it. Let's face it no team who is worth a damn has any cap room or a lot of flexibility. It comes down to what pieces you have.

And the reality of it is that the bubble and the shutdown hurt Milwaukee more than any team in the league. To have the best record in the league yes you have the talent to win a title. Lot of blame to go around, bench which was a strong suit was for the most part MIA, Bud made some questionable decisions also and interior defense was horrible. Don't get me started on spacing and rotations.

Miami was the worst possible matchup. 3 guys who can shoot from 3, which is Bucks weakness, 3 solid man defenders. As constructed this team can win a championship. Could they improve sure
Was chatting with my neighbor (Mavs radio guy) about the Bucks. His view is that the Buck's defense basically forces teams to shoot more 3's (while defending the 2's) - which unfortunately, as Pack said, Miami shoots the 3 well. And in the bubble, without fans, teams have been shooting 3's at a higher %.
It's also quite obvious that teams in the playoffs are much more physical/aggressive than the regular season - and the Bucks simply haven't figured out as a team how to adjust. I lost count of how many times the Bucks drove to the hoop, missed the shot and ended up on the ground (not saying they were fouled).

Thing is do you want to pay a current 35 year old Paul 85 million over the next 2 years? I am sure OKC would love to move that contract but to make that work means Middleton is being shipped out.
Middleton is going nowhere. And yes I would pay that. Would Lasry pay the tax is another story.

Middleton is going nowhere. And yes I would pay that. Would Lasry pay the tax is another story.
Just saying to make the trade work MIddleton would have to be included to match the dollars.

Was chatting with my neighbor (Mavs radio guy) about the Bucks. His view is that the Buck's defense basically forces teams to shoot more 3's (while defending the 2's) - which unfortunately, as Pack said, Miami shoots the 3 well. And in the bubble, without fans, teams have been shooting 3's at a higher %.
It's also quite obvious that teams in the playoffs are much more physical/aggressive than the regular season - and the Bucks simply haven't figured out as a team how to adjust. I lost count of how many times the Bucks drove to the hoop, missed the shot and ended up on the ground (not saying they were fouled).
Agree and in the bubble Milwaukee played at best average interior defense. I dont know how much they can adjust on the physical part. Bled is the most physical defender they have, Lopez is ok but after that nothing. And in watching the bubble games not sure other than Boston or Miami if any other team qualifies as "physical"

Just saying to make the trade work MIddleton would have to be included to match the dollars.
so you rob Peter to pay Paul (pardon the pun). The idea of getting Paul is it solves getting a point if you move Bled and its another perimeter shooter. No I would not move Middleton for Paul

Back