Giannis staying in Milwaukee?

While the Super Max would be ideal from a franchise perspective, revenue losses from COVID will adjust the projected number down. Giannis could sign a 2-3 year deal with player options to let the cap stabilize and then sign the Super Max. Sure there is injury risk but my point is it’s not a Super Max or nothing

so you rob Peter to pay Paul (pardon the pun). The idea of getting Paul is it solves getting a point if you move Bled and its another perimeter shooter. No I would not move Middleton for Paul
Only way trade works with not moving Middleton is Bledsoe, Lopez, Hill and I don't think OKC would want any of those 3 guys back.

Only way trade works with not moving Middleton is Bledsoe, Lopez, Hill and I don't think OKC would want any of those 3 guys back.
Your assumption is that the organization will not pay the luxury tax and I don’t think that’s the right assumption. Bled and Hill i move but not Lopez. To me the weak link right now is at off guard. Paul is an option and sure there are more out there. Even possible in draft

Your assumption is that the organization will not pay the luxury tax and I don’t think that’s the right assumption. Bled and Hill i move but not Lopez. To me the weak link right now is at off guard. Paul is an option and sure there are more out there. Even possible in draft
It's not the luxury tax to make the trade pass I was using NBA trade machine to match the contracts up I had to pt Bledsoe Lopez and Hill in there to make it pass the requirments to allow the trade to work.

It's not the luxury tax to make the trade pass I was using NBA trade machine to match the contracts up I had to pt Bledsoe Lopez and Hill in there to make it pass the requirments to allow the trade to work.
As I said there are probably other options out there. I would not make that deal just to fill the 2. Maybe keep Matthews but that’s not ideal IMO

I think the Bucks would pay the luxury tax for the championship. Chris Paul is a viable option. I think the fact that both Bledsoe and Connaughton had Covid had an effect. I don't believe either one of them came fully back to strength in the bubble. That had to effect the team, and the rotations. Because of it, they did not move the ball like they had, before the bubble.

Hill would stay at a reduced contract. His option. Bledsoe could be traded, if you get Paul. I wouldn't think of losing Lopez. The guy was one of our better players in the bubble. He does whatever is asked of him, and is improving with his 3s as well. He's a team guy. You don't dump them. If Bledsoe is traded, you need to replace him. We need someone who can slash to the bucket and create offense because of it. Someone who can glue himself to guards and make them look pathetic shooting the ball. We also need someone who can step in and play quality minutes if Lopez is getting a rest, injured, or out for any period of time.

Now the question is Bud. Can he actually adapt to what needs to be done? The Bucks need to think about contesting 3s correctly, not running out and diving at the shooter, creating fouls. Like Shaq said, in a pregame, that's the worst thing a person can do on defense.

I think the Bucks would pay the luxury tax for the championship. Chris Paul is a viable option. I think the fact that both Bledsoe and Connaughton had Covid had an effect. I don't believe either one of them came fully back to strength in the bubble. That had to effect the team, and the rotations. Because of it, they did not move the ball like they had, before the bubble.

Hill would stay at a reduced contract. His option. Bledsoe could be traded, if you get Paul. I wouldn't think of losing Lopez. The guy was one of our better players in the bubble. He does whatever is asked of him, and is improving with his 3s as well. He's a team guy. You don't dump them. If Bledsoe is traded, you need to replace him. We need someone who can slash to the bucket and create offense because of it. Someone who can glue himself to guards and make them look pathetic shooting the ball. We also need someone who can step in and play quality minutes if Lopez is getting a rest, injured, or out for any period of time.

Now the question is Bud. Can he actually adapt to what needs to be done? The Bucks need to think about contesting 3s correctly, not running out and diving at the shooter, creating fouls. Like Shaq said, in a pregame, that's the worst thing a person can do on defense.
Just a bad matchup defending the 3. Most teams don’t have 3 guys who can light it up like that. Biggest issue is finding a legit 2 guard who can free up paint and not allow teams to build a wall. Matthews is not it. Good player, above average defense but not consistent from deep.

Reactions: TW
Bucks won't have much wiggle room I think they have 10 guys under contract for 2020-21 that are hard contracts also another 2-3 that have either player or team options on.

Your point on Bled is spot on. His defense is so good and he can get in the paint. My only gripe is that he has a tendency to force shots. His assist to turnover ratio is excellent. Not a simple fix

Bucks won't have much wiggle room I think they have 10 guys under contract for 2020-21 that are hard contracts also another 2-3 that have either player or team options on.

I believe the options are player options. None are team options?

Back