Giannis staying in Milwaukee?

I believe the options are player options. None are team options?
Robin Lopez and Wes Matthews are player options. Ersan contract is a non-guaranteed contract

So if Giannis would not want to resign what team would you want to send him to and for what?

So if Giannis would not want to resign what team would you want to send him to and for what?
Have no idea and not even thinking about it. 99% sure he stays. 50/50 he inks Super Max. Better bet 2-3 year deal to let the cap heal

Reactions: TW
Have no idea and not even thinking about it. 99% sure he stays. 50/50 he inks Super Max. Better bet 2-3 year deal to let the cap heal

This sounds like a realistic approach. There could actually be a kind of verbal agreement between them that in a couple of years he gets the Max. It would essentially make him a Buck for his entire career.

This sounds like a realistic approach. There could actually be a kind of verbal agreement between them that in a couple of years he gets the Max. It would essentially make him a Buck for his entire career.
I would sure hope he stays a Buck for life and it's not a Kareem thing were he decides he does not want to be here and Bucks are forced to trade him.

Here’s the big thing. Every taking head will spew the “Giannis will leave” narrative. Don’t believe a word of if until it’s a legit source

His gut reaction is to stay in Milwaukee. Now it's up to the team to make it happen. They are close enough to winning it all, that it's possible they could next year.

They just weren't the same team in the bubble that they were before they got there. No excuses, but these things happen. I'm not in the slightest bit upset. This season was pretty messed up, and there are so many things off the court that concern the players.

Unless Giannis says he's leaving, don't put any stock in what's said. We're going to hear a lot of unfounded rumors.

Pack, could a lot of the Bucks playoff failures is that playoff basketball is different than regular season basketball.

I admittedly don't watch much NBA, but it sure looks like it's a different game in the playoffs with a lot more defense being played and being played at a higher intensity.

I think it's getting like the NHL. There are some great regular season teams who can't do squat in the playoffs.

Just asking.

Pack, could a lot of the Bucks playoff failures is that playoff basketball is different than regular season basketball.

I admittedly don't watch much NBA, but it sure looks like it's a different game in the playoffs with a lot more defense being played and being played at a higher intensity.

I think it's getting like the NHL. There are some great regular season teams who can't do squat in the playoffs.

Just asking.
Simple answer matchups matter. And that holds true in any sport and also in any sport playoffs are different than regular season. Lot of reasons why. In hockey get a hot goalie you can ride him to the cup. Get a hot QB (Rodgers playoff run all on the road as WC). It’s the delicate balance of building for 82 games and in post season.

Back