Giannis staying in Milwaukee?

I hope it works out, and he stays. We don't need a repeat of Jabbar. I do know that if he doesn't sign the max this year, it's going to be a lot of fingers crossed by the end of next season.
The chances of him signing the Max is about 10%. Nothing about Milwaukee more about business

The chances of him signing the Max is about 10%. Nothing about Milwaukee more about business
If he does not sign any kind of contract then you have to consider trading him because to let him finish out contract and let him walk and get nothing would be foolish.

If he does not sign any kind of contract then you have to consider trading him because to let him finish out contract and let him walk and get nothing would be foolish.
No you don’t not unless he demands a trade. The cap is a mess right now and from a business perspective you have to see how revenue plays out. That’s both sides. Have an open line of communication and figure out the best path. I see nothing that makes me trade him

So just seeing the votes for MVP it was not even a close vote Giannis 85 1st place votes 16 second place votes. James 16 1st place votes 84 second place votes 1 3rd place vote.

So just seeing the votes for MVP it was not even a close vote Giannis 85 1st place votes 16 second place votes. James 16 1st place votes 84 second place votes 1 3rd place vote.

Wow! That was a run-away vote. Congrats to Giannis!

I think Giannis signs some sort of extension but it might be something shorter and less than a long term max deal to get another bite of the apple in a couple of years when finances are more clear and stable.

In the meantime they need to do a better job of surrounding him with some complementary pieces. A young shooter at the "2" who's a decent defender would be my first pick-up. A point guard who's better at the pick and roll game would be a better fit for Giannis than Bledsoe who really doesn't seem to excel there. I'd be fine with moving on from Bledsoe though you might lose some defense in that swap.

If you have to trade Middleton then you do it. Hard to replace his production, but his "type" of guy is easier to find than maybe some others. Look at a guy like Jae Crowder, for example - very manageable contract, decent shooter and defender. (I believe he's also a F.A. so might be an option if you have to move Middleton?) If you can get more consistent production from your "1" and "2", you can deal with a little less from your "3".

LeBron wah wah wah I only got 16 1st place votes.

In some ways, LeBron is better than Giannis. In some ways, Harden is better than Giannis. But, when you put the whole package together, Giannis is the heart and soul of the Bucks. Without him, the Bucks are pretty much at a ranking near 20.

In some ways, LeBron is better than Giannis. In some ways, Harden is better than Giannis. But, when you put the whole package together, Giannis is the heart and soul of the Bucks. Without him, the Bucks are pretty much at a ranking near 20.
Totally different players. Personally I think James is more complete only due to the fact he’s more consistent from mid range range and deep. But that’s picking hairs

I think Giannis signs some sort of extension but it might be something shorter and less than a long term max deal to get another bite of the apple in a couple of years when finances are more clear and stable.

In the meantime they need to do a better job of surrounding him with some complementary pieces. A young shooter at the "2" who's a decent defender would be my first pick-up. A point guard who's better at the pick and roll game would be a better fit for Giannis than Bledsoe who really doesn't seem to excel there. I'd be fine with moving on from Bledsoe though you might lose some defense in that swap.

If you have to trade Middleton then you do it. Hard to replace his production, but his "type" of guy is easier to find than maybe some others. Look at a guy like Jae Crowder, for example - very manageable contract, decent shooter and defender. (I believe he's also a F.A. so might be an option if you have to move Middleton?) If you can get more consistent production from your "1" and "2", you can deal with a little less from your "3".
100% agree on adding a 2 guard / wing. That to me is a priority. I have mixed feelings moving on from Bledsoe. His defense would be difficult to replace and while his pick and roll game is just not there his ability to get in the lane and distribute is also a plus. Perfect world I would get pick and roll type (Conley? / Paul?) but it’s going to cost. Now Middleton. He’s close to a perfect complement to Giannis. Mid range game is all star quality and his improvement from 3 has been an added plus. Only way I even consider moving him is a 2 for 1 deal adding a PG and shooter.

Back