Honest Injun poll

As much as we blame Gute and Murphy, rightfully so until they fix pro and college scouting nothing will change.

In the next 1-3 years will they , no
Ever since SB XLV the Packers lost a ton of talent in the FO. They have never since then been able to replace that talent. 12 years on and nothing has changed in that dept to me it shows we should not hold our breather that it will ever change under current admin.

I believe they have to cut bait on a couple or 3 vets in the offseason which creates some cap space. If they could add some decent vets on both sides of the ball including a WR to take the top off the defense and IF big if Gute has a killer draft then maybe but it would have to be the perfect storm.

I believe they have to cut bait on a couple or 3 vets in the offseason which creates some cap space. If they could add some decent vets on both sides of the ball including a WR to take the top off the defense and IF big if Gute has a killer draft then maybe but it would have to be the perfect storm.
With the void years and dead cap they created they need to cut guys just to clear cap space to get under the cap. There won't be any cap space to add anyone in FA until 2024 or maybe 2025 due to kicking the can down the road on cap space.

With the void years and dead cap they created they need to cut guys just to clear cap space to get under the cap. There won't be any cap space to add anyone in FA until 2024 or maybe 2025 due to kicking the can down the road on cap space.
I think we need to pump the breaks on the cap for a bit. TV money hits in 2023 so an increase of $15m maybe $20m is not out of the question. In 2024 new Sunday Ticket money should hit so that’s a nice bump. And then there is restructure of cut with guy like Jones which will give some relief and if you designate 12 & 69’s cuts / release / retire $$$ you can spread over 2023 and 24. Will it be tight yes but there might be some flexibility

Back