Honest Injun poll

I think we need to pump the breaks on the cap for a bit. TV money hits in 2023 so an increase of $15m maybe $20m is not out of the question. In 2024 new Sunday Ticket money should hit so that’s a nice bump. And then there is restructure of cut with guy like Jones which will give some relief and if you designate 12 & 69’s cuts / release / retire $$$ you can spread over 2023 and 24. Will it be tight yes but there might be some flexibility
The biggest thing will be #12 even if he does retire that's a $40 million cap hit. Even if you split it between 23 and 24 that's a lot of dead money.

The biggest thing will be #12 even if he does retire that's a $40 million cap hit. Even if you split it between 23 and 24 that's a lot of dead money.
It’s not just him. Bak is another $11m or so per year. On the flip side Jones is either walking or reworked so that’s a +$10m or so. Right now 12 is on the books for $31m so assuming he walks even his dead $$ it’s probably a net savings.

Gute assembled and ML coached a team that had 13 wins three years in a row (we all know the shortcomings), and I think that counts for something. Thing is, Gute needed money to do it. To answer the question no I don’t think it can be done in one off-season because of the financials and trickle down effects of contracts and some bad luck player injuries, but I’m probably not as down on the org as many/most of you.

Gute assembled and ML coached a team that had 13 wins three years in a row (we all know the shortcomings), and I think that counts for something. Thing is, Gute needed money to do it. To answer the question no I don’t think it can be done in one off-season because of the financials and trickle down effects of contracts and some bad luck player injuries, but I’m probably not as down on the org as many/most of you.
I hope I'm wrong, but I think we witnessed Rodgers - pre-ayuhesca - and Adam's pitch and catch with a sprinkle of front office (including scouting) and coaching.

Now with Rodgers - with ayuhesca - and no Adam's we're seeing Front Office and coaching.

Gloom, despair, and agony.

(Rodgers best weapon was his brain. I think that ayuhesca has screwed Rodgers and his brain up.

I have a friend who's suffered a horrible illness surviving so far and a horrible scooter accident which broke her up bad. She goes to Peru twice per year to imbibe. She says people are vomiting, urinating, and defecating on themselves. Some are crying or screaming uncontrollably. Some zone out. She admits to all. Yet, she's trying to find more ways to get down there. It appears far more mind altering and addictive than many will admit.

It probably already fried a portion of Rodgers brain. He doesn't appear to be processing information as fast and as well as he did. We probably have Spicolli Rodgers for the rest of his career.)

I hope I'm wrong, but I think we witnessed Rodgers - pre-ayuhesca - and Adam's pitch and catch with a sprinkle of front office (including scouting) and coaching.

Now with Rodgers - with ayuhesca - and no Adam's we're seeing Front Office and coaching.

(Rodgers best weapon was his brain. I think that ayuhesca has screwed Rodgers and his brain up.

I have a friend who's suffered a horrible illness surviving so far and a horrible scooter accident which broke her up bad. She goes to Peru twice per year to imbibe. She says people are vomiting, urinating, and defecating on themselves. Some are crying or screaming uncontrollably. Some zone out. She admits to all. Yet, she's trying to find more ways to get down there. It appears far more mind altering and addictive than many will admit.

It probably already fried a portion of Rodgers brain. He doesn't appear to be processing information as fast and as well as he did. We probably have Spicolli Rodgers for the rest of his career.)
Why do I read this and think of this.

What Rodgers and many fans have a difficult time wrapping their heads around is that Father Time is undefeated and Rodgers skill set is just not want it was 12 months ago. Accuracy is off, arm velocity seems off, his legs to buy time is not what it was. Now add in a bad wrist and an OL who did not keep him off the turf and you got what you got. Now add in 3 rookie WR, no true #1, a washed up vet (Watkins) and a #8 it’s the perfect storm

What Rodgers and many fans have a difficult time wrapping their heads around is that Father Time is undefeated and Rodgers skill set is just not want it was 12 months ago. Accuracy is off, arm velocity seems off, his legs to buy time is not what it was. Now add in a bad wrist and an OL who did not keep him off the turf and you got what you got. Now add in 3 rookie WR, no true #1, a washed up vet (Watkins) and a #8 it’s the perfect storm
you forgot to add in the broken thumb.

edit: oh, and my answer to the poll is: nope.

I think the signing of the Smiths, Amos and even Billy Turner really brought the roster up a level, it was cleaning up after some TT mistakes. Gute has now made a number of mistakes of his own but while that Rodgers contract is around their neck he can’t spend his way around the roster holes like he did in 2019.

I think the signing of the Smiths, Amos and even Billy Turner really brought the roster up a level, it was cleaning up after some TT mistakes. Gute has now made a number of mistakes of his own but while that Rodgers contract is around their neck he can’t spend his way around the roster holes like he did in 2019.
Which goes back to an old debate about going “all in”. And that’s exactly what Gute did and to your point the execution was not flawless

Back