Honest Injun poll

One year? No. More like 3.

Arod playing at an MVP level with Adam’s to throw to covered up a lot. Take those away and this roster isn’t nearly talented enough to make up for it …

Offense - when Arod can just chuck it in the vacinity of Adams and he’d catch it you can do a lot more with the offense .. but when you need your WR to run crisp routes and understand on the fly adjustments, and none of your WR can do that and you don’t have Adams anymore to bail you out it’s recipe for disaster. There are no WR on this roster you can build around. Gonna take years to fix that.

Defense - when you have Arod throwing to Adams and giving you leads and allowing you to play downhill game after game after game it’s easy to look good. But when you have to make stops, create turnovers, get leads back etc… it exposes a lot. The guys who were supposed to be studs have disappeared, the secondary is not smart enough to step up, and Barry is getting exposed for the inflexible unimaginative homer he has always been.

Coaching- a lot of mental mistakes that should be fixed in practice even at week 9. Unless you believe that talent level isn’t there which is on Gutey.

This is more than a retooling but less than a full rebuild. You do have pieces in defense that can do it if you had better coaches.

On offense it’s the opposite you have very little talent but decent coaches. So you need to rebuild the offense and retool the defense.

GB has bled FO talent for years and replaced it with echo chamber inbreeding. Until that changes things will be difficult.

Thank you for listening to my TED talk..

I will agree with many on here. We lost a lot of Front Office talent over the years and didn't replace it with anything close. Whether it was work ethic, skill, talent, or strategy, what we used to have seemed a lot better.

I feel sorry for Love. If he does take over next season the kid is going to have the same garbage to work with likely which puts him in a no win situation which means he probably can't lead this team to a good season and fans will crap all over him and call him a failure.

I feel sorry for Love. If he does take over next season the kid is going to have the same garbage to work with likely which puts him in a no win situation which means he probably can't lead this team to a good season and fans will crap all over him and call him a failure.
Fans will crap over him even if he wins 10-11 games. They are spoiled from 4 & 12 and anything less will be unacceptable

Fans will crap over him even if he wins 10-11 games. They are spoiled from 4 & 12 and anything less will be unacceptable
Yeah even if he was just an average to above average starter would not be good enough for them. Unless he's HOF he will suck.

Can it be done, sure, if a bunch of things line up correctly and they don't make mistakes. Will they be able to do it, no, because too much has to go right.

For it to happen, the big thing that would need to be true is that AR can still play at an MVP level. I can't 100% say he's done, but he doesn't look like that guy anymore and that's the the biggest reason they can't really turn it around in one year.

Just for fun, lets assume this year is just an aberration for Rodgers - I don't think it is. To turn it around a number of things would need to happen.
- important players would need to get healthy and back to form - BahkT, Jenkins and Gary being the big ones.
- trade a draft pick or two for an established WR.
- sign a veteran safety and draft another one since Amos looks done and Savage is incompetent.
- change your draft philosophy to de-emphasize the whole height, weight, speed, thing and take guys who are more ready to play. Draft a starter for OL and safety, and find contributors at CB, Edge, DL, and TE.
- figure out the whole CAP mess for another year.

There's probably more, but just those things alone seem way too much to get done in one year. The draft is such a key because they don't have CAP room to sign multiple established players. They draft too much on potential and you can't afford to take guys who need development when you are in a tight win-now window. A perfect example is the Myers pick a couple of years ago. Myers was the better athlete, with more upside, but Creed Humphrey was a far more ready player and he's shown just that in his first season and a half with the Chiefs.

Back