It IS Jordan Love Time !!

@FieldYates
·
1h

In signing this deal, Jordan Love gets an extra $7.5M in cash this season. The escalators are tied to playing-time, team wins, team stats and other parameters, which give him the chance to boost his base salary to $14.5M in 2024. A unique deal given the unique circumstances.

@FieldYates
·
1h

In signing this deal, Jordan Love gets an extra $7.5M in cash this season. The escalators are tied to playing-time, team wins, team stats and other parameters, which give him the chance to boost his base salary to $14.5M in 2024. A unique deal given the unique circumstances.
They should have put those same types of parameters on Arods last contract..

They should have put those same types of parameters on Arods last contract..
they should have never signed rodgers to any contract at all last year. if they were committed to love, they should have just ripped off the band-aid and traded rodgers when he was at maximum value. huge gaffe by packers management.

they should have never signed rodgers to any contract at all last year. if they were committed to love, they should have just ripped off the band-aid and traded rodgers when he was at maximum value. huge gaffe by packers management.
They signed Rodgers to that deal because he had them over a barrel because Love wasn’t good. The moment Love showed growth and ability they couldn’t wait to dump Rodgers contract.

I think the org just decided that they weren’t going to tolerate not having a QB they felt good about, finances and money be damned. I get it, but if you want to have your cake and eat it too, you’re gonna get a tummy ache.

They signed Rodgers to that deal because he had them over a barrel because Love wasn’t good. The moment Love showed growth and ability they couldn’t wait to dump Rodgers contract.

I think the org just decided that they weren’t going to tolerate not having a QB they felt good about, finances and money be damned. I get it, but if you want to have your cake and eat it too, you’re gonna get a tummy ache.
What if the cake is a vegan sugar free cake no tummy ache then LOL

I can't argue with any of that. The one thing I will say is around the "Rodgers had them over a barrel". The fact that he forced the Packers to use up extra cap money, rather than use it on supporting players . . . to me that tells a lot about #12.

I can't argue with any of that. The one thing I will say is around the "Rodgers had them over a barrel". The fact that he forced the Packers to use up extra cap money, rather than use it on supporting players . . . to me that tells a lot about #12.
Look at same old #12 in NY he's saying all right things doing all right thing by being at OTA praising teammates and city but still look he has hands in cookie jar by getting washed up guys like Cobb a job because he wants to hang out with his inner circle in NY because just like in GB he had no time for anyone who was not in that inner circle of his.

it takes two to create a contract. rodgers did not "have them over a barrel". he had proven his value by winning the nfl mvp two years in a row. and really, how many people here would take a lower salary just so your company could hire better people to work at the company? imho, people should always seek out the best salary they can get for their services - even if those people are working in an industry that has obscenely high salaries.

if the packers (i.e. gute and murphy) did not want to make that deal, all they had to do was trade rodgers to another team. denver would have given them a lot of draft capital if they had not dilly-dallied around for so long. i'm sorry, but management is much more to blame for the salary cap issue than aaron rodgers.

it takes two to create a contract. rodgers did not "have them over a barrel". he had proven his value by winning the nfl mvp two years in a row. and really, how many people here would take a lower salary just so your company could hire better people to work at the company? imho, people should always seek out the best salary they can get for their services - even if those people are working in an industry that has obscenely high salaries.

if the packers (i.e. gute and murphy) did not want to make that deal, all they had to do was trade rodgers to another team. denver would have given them a lot of draft capital if they had not dilly-dallied around for so long. i'm sorry, but management is much more to blame for the salary cap issue than aaron rodgers.
At least we didn't swap him for Russell Wilson.

Back