Kizer vs Boyle - Winner take all

Trades are going to be difficult if not impossible. The ask will not be late round picks, the demand exceeds the supply. And then does he fit the system? Can he learn and pick up the system fast?
I don't think Beathard will take much he is number 3 QB and 49ers might cut him if they can't move him in trade

I don't think Beathard will take much he is number 3 QB and 49ers might cut him if they can't move him in trade
His stats are pedestrian and now 2 years in a row a thumb injury. But supply and demand so you overpay for a mediocre QB. If he gets cut maybe

His stats are pedestrian and now 2 years in a row a thumb injury. But supply and demand so you overpay for a mediocre QB. If he gets cut maybe
So you give a 7th to get a guy who is probably better then Kizer and Boyle and you would not do it?

So you give a 7th to get a guy who is probably better then Kizer and Boyle and you would not do it?
I don’t think he’s that much of an upgrade Like Daniels teams will wait until he’s released, assuming that happens.

I don’t think he’s that much of an upgrade Like Daniels teams will wait until he’s released, assuming that happens.
But would Packers be able to claim him if cut they are 12th o waiver claim order

But would Packers be able to claim him if cut they are 12th o waiver claim order
Who knows, again I don’t think he that much of an upgrade if at all. Will he win more games than Kizer or Boyle? IMO no

He had a QB rating vs GB of 115 and his total rating was only 81. You are looking at a guy, take away the GB game with mid 70 QB ratings that’s pedestrian

I think we tend to over value players we know or like. The fact is hundreds of players are going to get cut and hit the wire on cut down day and it’s a scramble for everyone. I think he’d have as good a chance making it through as not.

TW,

This was a great thread. I have always been a fan of Boyle due to his pocket presence, being able to stand in the pocket, go through his WR progressions, and his arm strength. I am not saying he is the replacement for AR but I think he could be a serviceable back up. Remember, he came from a DII school I believe and this is only his 2nd year in the league. I think he will continue to progress. He is a way better option than Kizer.

Lastly, you mentioned this above and I mentioned it in chat the other day. Boyle had 4 passes dropped on Thursday. All crossing routes and over the middle routes. You have those passes caught and he has final stats of 16-21 for 160 to 170 yards and a TD. That does not count extending the drives and the possibility of throwing another TD. My point is if we do not have those drops no one is saying how bad Boyle played. He has over a 100 rating.

Does he need to improve? Of course. Did he have some crappy throws? Yes, but as you said low throws are better than high throws because INT's do not normally happen with low throws. He needs to work on his throwing fundamentals because they were a little off on Thursday night. I still believe Boyle is our best option until we draft a QB in the next draft.

Back