Kizer vs Boyle - Winner take all

I'm not certain this under evaluation of potential will end. If they choose Kizer as the #2 over Boyle, I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's going to be just as dumb a move as it was to choose Hundley over Hill. The problem is that they'll continue to use Rodgers as a measuring stick.

So, which of the two (Kizer or Boyle) has the most potential down the road? If the truth is that you get better with more reps, we'd have to believe Boyle has the better future because he has way fewer reps than Kizer, and it's apparently about a dead heat as to who's ahead.

That said, if they choose Kizer, we could end up seeing Boyle be the next Hill. You can say no, that isn't going to happen, but a lot of people who will say that are the same people who said Hill wasn't worth developing. Guess how that worked out.

Should have kept him

One of the dumbest moves TT/MM made. They went with the crappy player they knew instead of the new guy who should lots more potential. And considering the lack of talent in backup Qbs it makes it even worse.

He's not going to be the starter, but NO saw how to use him and they love him.

In regards to Kizer/Boyle. They are what they are. Not much potential. But GB likes the devil they know vs the devil they don't know. Until they draft another QB to push them Kizer/Boyle is what you have. They've invested a lot of resources into them (and yes that factors into the equation) so unless something undeniably better comes along they aren't going anywhere.

lets pump the breaks on Hill, sure nice scramble but lets not forget this is the same QB at BYU who completed 58% of his passes, 43 TD and 31 INT. Do we honesty think he would be on that roster if he did not contribute on ST? I know nice stats in pre season but like we argue on Boyle vs 2nd and 3rd vanilla defenses.

He's not going to be the starter, but NO saw how to use him and they love him.
yep they saw how to use him on ST thats why they love him, not as a backup to Brees, he's not even #2 there

yep they saw how to use him on ST thats why they love him, not as a backup to Brees, he's not even #2 there
Agree he's a ST ace and a gimmick player. I never see him as a future starter or if he can even be an adequate backup.

Agree he's a ST ace and a gimmick player. I never see him as a future starter or if he can even be an adequate backup.

And what's wrong with that? You need those guys to win. TT/MM didn't get that.

And like I said. Hill still offers more than Kizer/Boyle right now. That clip shows vision, pocket presence, and scramble ability. Neither Kizer nor Boyle has that combo.

Back