LA FLEUR ON RODGERS

Thing is that if Love even crashes and burns if Murphy is still around Gute and ML will get a second bite at the apple as he won't fire guys he hand picked. Heck even if Murphy retired and they hire a guy Murphy backs these two will probably be safe
To be honest I don't think ML would be the one to blame most here. If you have a rookie coach who is given a future HOF to work with, do you really think he's going to be like "ya, go and get this unproven guy with a lot of question marks so we can throw the franchise into turmoil and create a Qb controversy year 2", I won't maximize my potential with a future HOFer I have right now, i'm going to move towards this other no name."

If that is your coach's opinion then he deserves a short leash. I think this is more Murphy the micromanager and control freak behind the move than coach.

To be honest I don't think ML would be the one to blame most here. If you have a rookie coach who is given a future HOF to work with, do you really think he's going to be like "ya, go and get this unproven guy with a lot of question marks so we can throw the franchise into turmoil and create a Qb controversy year 2", I won't maximize my potential with a future HOFer I have right now, i'm going to move towards this other no name."

If that is your coach's opinion then he deserves a short leash. I think this is more Murphy the micromanager and control freak behind the move than coach.
I think ML had a pretty big say in drafting Love. ML was going to be the HC who got the QB to replace Rodgers and I think he had a big say in who that QB would be.

I tend to think it’s not Gute, ML, Murphy alone but the failure here is/was the football operations....talent evaluation. Again and I feel like a broken record here, there was no reason to trade up. None. The trade of that one pick forced them to stay put in the 2nd, 3rd round where IF they had some draft equity you could have moved up to get a WR.

Here’s what I don’t have an issue with. Getting a QB early and getting a RB early. No issues there. The issue is WHO they chose. We are so focused on drafting a WR, but losing that 4th also killed any shot at fixing a hole at ILB. If they would have stayed put in the 1st and Love was still the pick you still had equity to move up in the 2nd and get that WR. HELL Gute basically admitted that when asked about getting a WR, we could not move up.

One trade put this organization in a headlock with nowhere to move and fix other holes. That’s an evaluation issue

I think ML had a pretty big say in drafting Love. ML was going to be the HC who got the QB to replace Rodgers and I think he had a big say in who that QB would be.
Fine but he should not have any input to use a valuable draft pick to move up. That a GM call knowing where the board stands and what are the implications of giving up that 4th. Just me but they were convinced that one of the 2nd tier WR wound be there in the 2nd..again evaluation. Also SF taking a WR, who I’m guessing was their WR target, threw them for a loop with no plan B...again evaluation

Fine but he should not have any input to use a valuable draft pick to move up. That a GM call knowing where the board stands and what are the implications of giving up that 4th. Just me but they were convinced that one of the 2nd tier WR wound be there in the 2nd..again evaluation. Also SF taking a WR, who I’m guessing was their WR target, threw them for a loop with no plan B...again evaluation
And we all know talent eval has been an issue for a long time in GB front office.

In the words of Artie Johnson, it was very interesting but stupid

Wondering if GB can swing a deal to bring in Gronk after he finds out Brady isn't coming back in 2021. Doubt Bellick would want him back. thumbsup

Wondering if GB can swing a deal to bring in Gronk after he finds out Brady isn't coming back in 2021. Doubt Bellick would want him back. thumbsup
Pass on bringing in another old washed up TE past his prime Don't need Jimmy Graham 2.0

Back