LA FLEUR ON RODGERS

To a certain extent they did add offensive weapons for this years offense. Dillon and Deguara can have as much, and maybe more of an impact this year as drafting a WR would have done.
RB’s, typically, can have an impact right away on an offense, and I’m not trying to disrespect Aaron Jones, but I think Dillon will get his fair share of PT. As for Deguara, they will likely use him more in an H-back role that could give him an opportunity to make plays.

Factor in a year 2 jump for Sternberger, and (IMO) they’ve added offensive firepower that better fits what ML wants to do rather than drafting a WR at #30 who would have had to find a way to earn #12’s confidence which would be nearly impossible in this Covid influenced season.

i appreciate having someone else with a touch of optimism on this board. sometimes i feel like i'm all alone here.

i will say that if dillon is as good as advertised, that could be a big help. also, based on a few things i've read, i am hopeful for a second year leap by jace. i'm not really sold on deguara and i think he was significantly overdrafted. but i do think that lazard could turn out to be one of those rare udfa gems for us. the fact that fun-chess decided to opt out is a disappointment that makes our failure to draft a good wr even more of a glaring error imho. but it does leave the door open for eq and mvs to step up.

i appreciate having someone else with a touch of optimism on this board. sometimes i feel like i'm all alone here.

i will say that if dillon is as good as advertised, that could be a big help. also, based on a few things i've read, i am hopeful for a second year leap by jace. i'm not really sold on deguara and i think he was significantly overdrafted. but i do think that lazard could turn out to be one of those rare udfa gems for us. the fact that fun-chess decided to opt out is a disappointment that makes our failure to draft a good wr even more of a glaring error imho. but it does leave the door open for eq and mvs to step up.
As much as not getting a WR was a head scratcher the issue remains we are soft up the middle on defense. The DL is weak sans Clark and we still have not addressed ILB. Lazard is want he is. A nice 3 or 4 but he’s not going to make a DC game plan for him. MVS is a one trick pony and who knows what EQ is.

and we still have not addressed ILB.

which gets me back to the point i made about losing the 4th round pick. if they could have used that on deguara (who was thought to be a 5th round pick by most) that would have let them use the third rounder on malik harrison. or logan wilson. or tanner muse. but i would have taken harrison.

which gets me back to the point i made about losing the 4th round pick. if they could have used that on deguara (who was thought to be a 5th round pick by most) that would have let them use the third rounder on malik harrison. or logan wilson. or tanner muse. but i would have taken harrison.
I’d have been fine with either Harrison or Wilson

Yep. Which is what I had an issue with.

Did I have an issue with Love, yes on draft night then I got over it. But what really tweaked my melon was when they reached for Dillion and Deguara. They probably could have gotten both of them later.

Like Pack said, this was a mismanaged draft board all day long.....

I liked Deguara at UC. I think he'll be a pleasant surprise

A few things to add...
1) If this team was focused on winning now, with Arod, they would have drafted people to help Arod win now. How do you help Arod lead you to the Sb again now? You either fix the middle of the defense or get more WR help. They did neither.

2) If you are focused on winning with Arod right now you don't trade up to get a QB in round one. Sorry, you just don't do it. They gave up a fourth yes, but that could have turned into a solid WR, or better yet allowed you to move up for a WR or LB. Like Pack said, it wasn't the Arod situation where he fell, they targeted him.

This team is over Arod, all the signs are there. They didn't give Arod what he needed to be successful as the type of player he is and how he plays best. Every year we see teams take a QB high because that is who you build your team around. GB has basically said we don't care who the QB is we're building around our coach. I'm not saying one approach is right or wrong, but it is what it is. The Packers have basically said Arod is not their guy, and if they are tired of him move on.

It's strange though, most teams only move on from a first-ballot HOFer when he retires, or they have someone rock-solid in the wings (Favre/Arod, Montana/Young, etc)... The Packers don't have a clue what they have but seem intent on forcing Arod to change how he plays in his mid-30s. Which let's admit is just unfair. If Arod's style isn't your gig suck it up, admit it, and move on. You can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't say we're over Arod and his attitude, but then want to keep him around and change him for 3 years while you're golden boy "develops". It's not going to end well....

Thing is that if Love even crashes and burns if Murphy is still around Gute and ML will get a second bite at the apple as he won't fire guys he hand picked. Heck even if Murphy retired and they hire a guy Murphy backs these two will probably be safe

Back