Looking for playmakers

All we have on most of the guys is speculation. We don't have a clue as to what they actually have, and never will, if they don't get on the field. It takes time for chemistry to develop between the QB and receivers.

If the coaches don't want to use these guys, and they aren't willing to go out and grab someone, they should quit harping about needing play makers, because they are doing nothing to create them.

Over the years I've seen too many guys who have become impact players despite what people think about them. I can still hear Packer fans talking about how Driver was a wasted draft pick, even though it was the 7th round. I also remember the crying about having picked Nelson because he was a nobody.

It doesn't matter where picked. Give the guy a shot at being part of it. If it don't work out, fine, but not giving them a shot is kinda dumb. I cringe every time I see an ex-Packer player thriving somewhere else, doing what we heard they "couldn't do," when in GB.

The staff has had film on these guys in practice and game situations for evaluation for 2 years now. I get it’s a new staff but I can guarantee you they dug deep into film You earn snaps and playing time, you just don’t hand it over to someone. For every Donald Driver there are 100’s who never see a field or a practice squad. It does matter where they are drafted. That’s part of the initial evaluation process.

All we have on most of the guys is speculation. We don't have a clue as to what they actually have, and never will, if they don't get on the field. It takes time for chemistry to develop between the QB and receivers.

If the coaches don't want to use these guys, and they aren't willing to go out and grab someone, they should quit harping about needing play makers, because they are doing nothing to create them.

Over the years I've seen too many guys who have become impact players despite what people think about them. I can still hear Packer fans talking about how Driver was a wasted draft pick, even though it was the 7th round. I also remember the crying about having picked Nelson because he was a nobody.

It doesn't matter where picked. Give the guy a shot at being part of it. If it don't work out, fine, but not giving them a shot is kinda dumb. I cringe every time I see an ex-Packer player thriving somewhere else, doing what we heard they "couldn't do," when in GB.
But Kumerow really has been given a chance he spent how many years on PS and was never good enough to crack the 53 man. Plus if he was really that good he would not be the 5th WR on the Packers and get playing time. IMO we need to draft a WR on day 1 or 2 next year this team has done well when drafting WR in 2nd round.

I cringe every time I see an ex-Packer player thriving somewhere else, doing what we heard they "couldn't do," when in GB.
Who? At a skill position like WR or RB or TE ?

Football Outsiders. Adams 133 MVS 107 Allison 66 Davis 23 Kumerow 7
Shows you that Packers must be running a lot of two tight end packages with 2 WR packages that after Adams and MVS the touches really fall down.

Shows you that Packers must be running a lot of two tight end packages with 2 WR packages that after Adams and MVS the touches really fall down.
Yep
Graham 89 Tonyan 42 Lewis 65

Which goes to show you that this OL is not trusted that Tonyan and Lewis are playing so many snaps as extra blockers.
Not necessarily. It’s more scheme driven. Just like getting RB more involved in the pass game

Back