Meet New Wisconsin FB Coach Luke Fickell

I think question will be if you do that how do you set up rotation to teams to play Do you have were you maybe play 1 rivarly team each year then play 7 other teams one year and the other 7 teams the next year?
One model I have seen is to protect rivalries so I. The case of UW it’s Iowa, Minnesota and Nebraska. Balance of the schedule is a rotation so getting schedule as equal as possible

A second question is how many conference games will you play? It begs the question as to whether or not it's possible to reduce the normal schedule by two games, then have a 4 team "cross over" playoff?

Example: #1 East plays #2 West, and #1 West plays #2 East, then the winners play off for the conference championship. At all levels below that, the correlating teams below the top 2? As an example of this, cross over 3 & 4, 5 & 6, and 7 & 8. Last game winner paired, and losers paired.

It's not as complicated as it sounds, and it could mean for some interesting football.
9 conference games, 3 with protected rivals other 6 on rotations

9 conference games, 3 with protected rivals other 6 on rotations
You're probably right on this. As long as they protect rivalries, things will work for them. The Badgers would be Illinois, Iowa, and Minnesota, I'd assume.

You're probably right on this. As long as they protect rivalries, things will work for them. The Badgers would be Illinois, Iowa, and Minnesota, I'd assume.
I’ll flip Illinois with Nebraska. It’s a “Trophy” game

Re: B1G Expansion
Jack Swarbrick: “Kevin, Jack Swarbrick here. Have a minute, can we discuss expansion”
Kevin Warren: “I’m all ears “

Expectations are hard.

Nobody needs to agree with me. I always worked and gave the effort for Championships. I don't have many. But i tried and still do.

But I believe it's better to target a Championship than target for something lower. If Fickell wasn't targeting a Championship, he wouldn't have gotten Cincinatti into the College Football Playoff.

Personally, I like that he didn't say we're going to turn this around or we're going to win again. He said we're going to win Championships. I was never against him, but that statement had me lacing them up with him.

Dare to Soar!

Expectations are hard.

Nobody needs to agree with me. I always worked and gave the effort for Championships. I don't have many. But i tried and still do.

But I believe it's better to target a Championship than target for something lower. If Fickell wasn't targeting a Championship, he wouldn't have gotten Cincinatti into the College Football Playoff.

Personally, I like that he didn't say we're going to turn this around or we're going to win again. He said we're going to win Championships. I was never against him, but that statement had me lacing them up with him.

Dare to Soar!
For perspective winning in the AAC is not as difficult as winning in the B1G. Yes they got to the CFP but would that team go 13-1 in the B1G?

Full transparency I love the hire and what it brings. But I’m also realistic to know to win the B1G we need to beat OSU, Michigan, USC , PSU.

For perspective winning in the AAC is not as difficult as winning in the B1G. Yes they got to the CFP but would that team go 13-1 in the B1G?

Full transparency I love the hire and what it brings. But I’m also realistic to know to win the B1G we need to beat OSU, Michigan, USC , PSU.
With you. It won't be easy. Let's strap them on and take them.

I’ll flip Illinois with Nebraska. It’s a “Trophy” game

If there was going to be any sort of "podding" they'd probably have to kick Nebraska to the one with USC and UCLA in it. Question is would Iowa or Illinois/Northwestern join them.

USC/UCLA/NEB/IOWA
MINN/WIS/MICH/MSU
NW/ILL/OSU/PUR
IND/PSU/MD/RUT

Give each of the "big boys" their own pod, guarantee there's an OSU/Mich game every year and Penn State can stop complaining.

What it actually looks like is anybody's guess, and I'm not even sure I like this one. The only old rivalries not protected are the Old Oaken Bucket (IND-PUR), Floyd of Rosedale (MN-IA), and the Heartland Trophy (WI-IA).

Back