Meet New Wisconsin FB Coach Luke Fickell

If there was going to be any sort of "podding" they'd probably have to kick Nebraska to the one with USC and UCLA in it. Question is would Iowa or Illinois/Northwestern join them.

USC/UCLA/NEB/IOWA
MINN/WIS/MICH/MSU
NW/ILL/OSU/PUR
IND/PSU/MD/RUT

Give each of the "big boys" their own pod, guarantee there's an OSU/Mich game every year and Penn State can stop complaining.

What it actually looks like is anybody's guess, and I'm not even sure I like this one. The only old rivalries not protected are the Old Oaken Bucket (IND-PUR), Floyd of Rosedale (MN-IA), and the Heartland Trophy (WI-IA).
WI would by far have the hardest pod in that group.

If there was going to be any sort of "podding" they'd probably have to kick Nebraska to the one with USC and UCLA in it. Question is would Iowa or Illinois/Northwestern join them.

USC/UCLA/NEB/IOWA
MINN/WIS/MICH/MSU
NW/ILL/OSU/PUR
IND/PSU/MD/RUT

Give each of the "big boys" their own pod, guarantee there's an OSU/Mich game every year and Penn State can stop complaining.

What it actually looks like is anybody's guess, and I'm not even sure I like this one. The only old rivalries not protected are the Old Oaken Bucket (IND-PUR), Floyd of Rosedale (MN-IA), and the Heartland Trophy (WI-IA).
I was also thinking how travel will factor in. USC & UCLA probably won’t get east coast games as locked and honestly Fox / CBS won’t like USC - Rutgers or UCLA - Maryland. I saw a few drafts of writers taking a shot at the rival thing and 3 seems to be the number with no divisions

WI would by far have the hardest pod in that group.
I think UW gets Minnesota , Iowa and Nebraska as protected rivals and the remaining 6 are in rotations not set pods. They are going to want flexibility for networks

Phil Longo (born April 17, 1968) is an American football coach who is currently the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. A practitioner of the air raid offense, he was previously the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach for Ole Miss

Coaching philosophy[edit]​

A practitioner of the air raid offense, Longo chose to adopt the offensive system after meeting then-Kentucky offensive coordinator Mike Leach at a coaching clinic in the late 1990s.[10] Unlike the standard air raid offense that is pass-heavy, Longo's offense is designed so that it can be both pass or run oriented, and it's not decided which it is until the game.[11]

FYI, on his offense..... Best 3/5 step concept that has a ton of carry over.
Can use it from multiple personal groupings, tag it to alter concept,etc?

I don't think this will be a bad thing for the Badgers. In fact, it could make them more dynamic. It also might just draw one of those portal QBs looking to play in a more diverse offense into the fold.

Talk about a 180 over the badgers power run focused offense over the last 30 years.

Back