Next Badgers Football Coach

I have no confidence in them making the right decision. The fact that Leonhard got a few wins, against teams that aren't that great, is going to cloud the issue in his favor. That bothers me more than anything.

Like Mark stated, I don't know how effective he'd be at actually running the program. It's not the same as being a coordinator. It's a completely different world.

Wonder who the talks were with the mega name coach they made huge offer too. Also talks with Matt Ruhle? That was probalby call to his agent would you be interested and they laughed and that was it.

Wonder who the talks were with the mega name coach they made huge offer too. Also talks with Matt Ruhle? That was probalby call to his agent would you be interested and they laughed and that was it.
They told you at the end..." former coordinator" AKA Baylor HC Dave Aranda. Plus I know they called and kicked around with Lance. So they can say they did their "due diligence" now.

They told you at the end..." former coordinator" AKA Baylor HC Dave Aranda. Plus I know they called and kicked around with Lance. So they can say they did their "due diligence" now.
Ah must of missed them saying that. Not shocked they made Aranda a offer but UW is such a mess he probably had no interest in doing a ground up rebuild.

Aranda would have probably been the one guy they hire to make fans happy not hiring JL

My worry is that we even see more kids leave the school or decommit when JL is officially announced. We have already seen a bunch leave.
3 de commits and 2 commits since the coaching change. It’s not doom and gloom. And for the record if he did not get the job yes there would be a mass defection including #0

I’ll throw Wilcox in that mix also.

Ruhle is high on the Nebraska list FWIW

I mentioned this early in the process that it was JL’s job to lose since day 1. McIntosh saw a window after the Illinois debacle to put his handprint on the program. As to the other names floating around, a search firm has been in place for a few weeks now and leaks happen for multiple reasons. I’m sure the usual suspects were vetted and also given a deadlines one way or another to express interest. The December deadlines are real and I’m sure McIntosh is well aware of them

There was not one candidate out there who checked all the boxes. Personally I wish they would have looked outside the program but honestly not one guy out there was going to give the juice the program needs for multiple reasons. This is the Wisconsin way, like it or not. The last outside hire was a disaster and I would think that weighed on his mind.

Bucky is probably going to have a couple tough years.

I'm not worried about kids leaving. Honestly, this bunch doesn't impress me. Tons of mental mistakes and stupid plays and NO FREAKIN' HEART FROM A LOT OF THEM - mostly offensive line (Watched a clip on the Unertl Drive. 3d-2d string senior on senior day. Defense box loaded. Bucky Offensive Line blowing opponent off the line. Longing for the old days when Bucky Offensive Line was a powerful thing of beauty).

If Leonhard gets the job, I'm not concerned about:

• him keeping his fingers in the defense; or

• Recruiting. I think he will be able to sell Wisconsin. Again, Wisconsin isn't for everyone. I think he'll get the people that want to be in Madison and play for him.

I'm more concerned about what he does with the offense. I'm not impressed with it, or it's strategies and tactics. I acknowledge it couldn't be changed mid season, but unless there's behind the scenes coaches room complete overhaul on board with current Offensive staff, let them all go.

Interesting times.
As to the offense under JL. Found this interesting
“Leonhard said the great equalizer in college football right now is a quarterback that can make plays with his feet. Said you can play perfect defense and still get beat because of the QB can make something out of nothing.”

Well that’s not Mertz.

Back