Official 2020 Packers Training Camp Thread

Camp Day 1 wrap up:

Offense:

• Jace Sternberger is at practice but won't be participating. Progressing through the new COVID IR return protocols.
  • Jordan Love’s first pass as a Packers QB is complete to C Jake Hanson. (They’re just going through QB/C exchanges at half speed, but the tweet is still factual.)
  • Billy Turner opened at RT with Lane Taylor at RG. After a couple of reps, Rick Wagner jumped at RT and Turner slid back inside to guard.
  • RB Tyler Ervin going through drills with the Packers WRs. He also lined up at WR on the first walkthrough rep with the starters in team drills.
  • Rodgers just threw a phenomenal anticipation pass to Reggie Begelton. I swear he threw it 5 seconds before Begelton made his cut much less looked for the ball. Nice route and catch from Reggie too. Video (in the media section too)
  • A busy individual period for third-round pick Josiah Deguara. After rotating with tight ends in position drills, he slides over to fullback in routes on air. Then he gets a fullback rep in team drills. He’ll see a good bit of both. Getting a lot of reps with the 1s too.
  • Lane Taylor is the first-team RG, for now, with Billy Turner at RT.
  • Tim Boyle just hit MVS deep in team drills (45-yards). MVS beat Josh Jackson deep. Beautiful throw by Boyle.
  • AJ Dillon just showed off some BURST too. Passes the eye test with flying colors. Looks so smooth through traffic, powerful and decisive.
  • Rick Wagner and Billy Turner both getting reps at RT with the 1s.
  • Jordan Loves first pass in team is an underneath completion to Travis Fulgham.
  • Jonathan Garvin 1x1 with Bakhtiari. The vet won that one easily. Welcome to the NFL.
  • Ervin with a catch out of the slot.
  • Good lord what a one handed touchdown pass on third down by Lazard despite probably DPI on Jackson. Laser from Rodgers. That was beyond sick.
  • Boyle with an absolute dime to Begelton who is having a hell of a start. Touchdown for Reggie. K’Dar beat on the play. Ran a post from the right side and a TD on the first rep for the 2s.
  • Love hits Kumerow for a touchdown in team. Kumerow found space and Love hit him against Kabion Ento. Love then gets a fist pump from Lane Taylor. Aaron Rodgers threw up his hands to signal a TD.
  • Boyle doing exactly what you wanna see from a third year QB. Standing tall, strong delivery, hitting receivers in stride.
  • Rodgers just hit Kumerow along the sideline on a scramble drill, working back to the sideline when Aaron Rodgers flushes to the right. The man is on fire.
  • It’s not an understatement to say that the offense looks light years ahead of where they looked a season ago with new head coach Matt LaFleur. Those year two gains are real. (Let's wait for pads before getting too excited though.)
  • Reggie Begelton with his 3rd really impressive play to start practice. Not annointing anyone yet but he looks the part.
  • Lewis with a touchdown from 12. Pass was a bit behind but Lewis made a great adjustment.
  • Rick Wagner getting first-team reps at RT with Billy Turner at RG. He’s also gotten RT reps with Lane Taylor at RG. There are a lot of moving parts on that right side.
  • Rookie Jon Runyon (76) at LG with No. 2s.
  • Aaron Jones escapes coverage ( I believe Savage) and Rodgers hits him for an easy td.
  • Pretty rare to see Packers players doing wind sprints after practice, but this is a different kind of camp. Corey Linsley, Billy Turner, Christian Kirksey, Oren Burks and Kevin King among players getting in some conditioning.
  • Reggie Begelton with another catch over the middle on a slant from Love. Begelton and Boyle the standouts today for sure.
Defense:

• The defense is giving a well deserved round of applause to Kenny Clark. Can’t imagine why.
  • Oren Burks the second ILB alongside Christian Kirksey to start 11-on-11s. Gary and both Smiths starting too.
  • Christian Kirksey with nice coverage on Aaron Jones on a crosser. A refreshing feel to see a LB get that covered.
  • Kenny Clark broke through the line for a pressure. Rodgers just gets it off but Adams with a rare drop. Sullivan in coverage.
  • Chandon Sullivan getting first-team reps as slot corner.
  • MVS on a crosser and guess who is right there again - Kirksey. He looks in total command of this defense early.
  • Maybe my eyes deceive me, but Rashan Gary sure looks to have leaned out a bit.
  • Z doing a lot of roaming standing up at linebacker.
  • Just got our first Za’Darius Smith sack dance of training camp.
  • Preston Smith with fantastic coverage on a wheel route by Jamaal Williams. Rodgers forced to throw it away. Such an underrated skill by Preston that he’s damn good at.
  • Randy Ramsey now with great coverage on AJ Dillon on a wheel route. It looked like he broke up the pass but tough to tell. It fell incomplete either way.
  • DeShaun Amos with perfect coverage on Darius Shepherd.
  • Kirksey absolutely knifes through the line for a “tfl” on Jamaal. Kirksey standing out early.
  • Raven Greene (24) and Chandon Sullivan (39) are the extra DBs in No. 1 dime.
  • Stanford Samuels ends team period with a touchdown saving PBU in red zone. Love tried to float one into tight coverage but Samuels wasn’t having it.
  • Adrian Amos with a beautiful pass breakup against Davante Adams along the sideline, reaching around Davante Adams at the pylon to knock away Aaron Rodgers’ pass without contacting the WR. Not an easy play but Amos made it look easy.
  • Raven Greene almost picks off Rodgers. Rodgers escaped but couldn’t hit Williams. Nice play by Greene. He's having a great first day.
  • Freshly paid Kenny Clark is being more than a bit disruptive today for the Packers.
  • From what I can tell only a few Packers players are wearing face shields on their helmets. Looks like most of the DBs do.
  • Offense won the earlier team sessions, but the defense is easily winning this red zone session. Very on brand for the Packers defense.
  • The trash talk is in midseason form. The Smiths going back and forth with various members of the offense, including David Bakhtiari.
  • Kingsley Keke bursts through for a “tfl” on AJ Dillon.
  • Packers defense won the day...at least that's what Z says.
  • “Kenny on 3” to end practice. Cool moment for him today.
  • Randy Ramsey has had a nice day. He just broke through for a “sack”. Travis Fulgham with a drop.
Special Teams:

• Mason Crosby is at practice after being on the COVID IR but it doesn't seem he will practice today.
  • Crosby is kicking today after all.
  • John Leglue is the one working on long snaps to JK Scott as Hunter Bradley observes.
  • Tim Boyle getting some snaps as the holder for Mason Crosby.
  • Leglue snapping on field goals. Crosby 8-9 with no rush.
  • 27L good |30R good | XP good | 36L good | 39R good | 42L good | 45R wide right | 27 L good | 30R good

for me, the highlights of the day were begelton, dillon, ervin, kirksey, greene and amos. fun stuff.

Thing is we will never get a real look at these guys since practies are always half speed things were no real hitting happens. Until week 1 won't know what these guys are like.

Remember last year we saw the pic of Metclaf looking cut well we got the same photo from Dillon looking like every day is leg day.

EfefPQ6WoAARAv_

Rodgers going the old western look with the stash for camp.

117591286_10158208919325073_9169777484482119592_o.jpg

So noticed today during pictures I don't see any player wearing a face covering. I guess so much for that.

So reading Rashan Gary looks to be slimmed down. Guess this would mean he would not play DE at all. So will they try to run a lot of base 3-4 with having Gary in as a extra rusher?

I read a number of the DB’s had them
i read that too, but i just was looking through the photos of today's practice on packers.com, and it looks like they were just wearing the standard eyeshields not the full face shields that were designed for covid protection.

uhhxvybyvgdpdtew1orl.jpg

saw gutey and at least one coach wearing a neck gaiter which has been determined to be the least effective type of face mask - possibly worse than no mask at all.

bhyvadlvsp9js132m6lm.jpg

Back