Official Game 8 Green Bay vs Buffalo Thread

Bills are gonna hit Arod hard this game. Wonder if he’ll last the game

I think the thumb is broken, and I believe they're gonna put the hammer down on Rodgers, and we're going to see Love somewhere towards the latter half of the 3rd quarter.

I can hear the announcers now. "The Packers are going to have to go back to the drawing board and find ways to create opportunities for Rodgers to take advantages of his ability to throw the ball." Yadda, yadda, yadda!

I remember coming home from golf one evening, back in 1993 (I think it was). I walked into the kitchen, and my wife and a lady I'd never met were talking, and drinking coffee. I introduced myself, smiled, and politely left the room, and went into our family room to turn on TV, and watch a White Sox game. About 30 minutes later, I decided to have a beer, so I got up and walked back into the kitchen to get one out of the refrigerator. As I approached the refrigerator, I saw the windbreaker my wife's friend was wearing. It had Rockford Peaches on the back of it. It was old, looked very weathered.

After seeing it, I said; "I love that jacket. They can be proud of what they did. It's quite a story."

"Thank you!," She said, smiling. "We did our best."

I stopped dead in my tracks. "Our best?" What the hell...... "Are you..... did you play for the Peaches?" I pretty much stammered. "Yes. I did." She answered. I was speechless.

I have met hundreds of well known athletes, politicians, actors, and others who are well known in the media, but I have to admit I'd never met anyone who immediately became a hero to me. She was a pioneer in a sport that women weren't allowed to visit in the past.

Over the next few years, while we lived there, I got the chance to meet a few more of the Peaches who were still alive. We received invites to events surrounding the Peaches, and whenever we could, attended. They were special, and always will be.

I heard the real stories, from the mouths of people that lived them. These women sparked a movement that is rebuilding Beyers Stadium in Rockford, and bringing in the new International Women's Baseball Center & Museum, and propelled them into the MLB Hall of Fame.

In fact, one of my wife's friends old uniforms is now hanging in Cooperstown. It don't get no better than that. May she rest in peace. She was special.

I'll take the Packers in an upset as well. 31-27, just feels like they are ready to turn it around.

Back