Official Game 9 Green Bay vs Detroit Thread

I don't think the losing is anywhere close to ending. If the Packers are lucky, they end up 9-8, or 8-9. There just aren't enough play makers on the team to make it rain wins.

I think that reality has sunk in at 1265 Lombardi Ave., and that's one of the reasons the Packers haven't made any move to address issues by wasting draft picks on a person might only help for a handful of games this year.

I actually believe they're looking at retooling the lineup for 2024, knowing next year will be a wash.

Although this might not sound like the right thing to say, if they can't win at least 9 games, I'd just as soon they lost out for the rest of this season, so they can at least get someone in the top 6 or 7 in the draft next spring. They need to start there, and working trades for additional picks. Then, in 2024, armed with a much better cap situation, explore picks and free agents.

I don't think the losing is anywhere close to ending. If the Packers are lucky, they end up 9-8, or 8-9. There just aren't enough play makers on the team to make it rain wins.

I think that reality has sunk in at 1265 Lombardi Ave., and that's one of the reasons the Packers haven't made any move to address issues by wasting draft picks on a person might only help for a handful of games this year.

I actually believe they're looking at retooling the lineup for 2024, knowing next year will be a wash.

Although this might not sound like the right thing to say, if they can't win at least 9 games, I'd just as soon they lost out for the rest of this season, so they can at least get someone in the top 6 or 7 in the draft next spring. They need to start there, and working trades for additional picks. Then, in 2024, armed with a much better cap situation, explore picks and free agents.
I feel sorry if Love is the starting QB in 2023. The guy is going to be in a no win situation. Starting with a team void of talent fans will scream see he does suck. Rodgers at least when he took over was with a team coming off a NFC championship game and had the building blocks of what would be the SB team. It looks like Love will be stuck in the middle with a team that can no longer contend but has just restarted retooling it's roster so will be bad for a bit.

It's amazing to me how we bad we have missed on the draft and opportunites by: 1) Not trading Rodgers when he had value, 2) Poorly evaluating talent, 3) Drafting players whose skill sets don't match our strategies, 4) Drafting players for positions that they didn't play before professional football, 5) Drafting players that are not as smart as they appeared, 6) Trading up to get guys - see 2.

Even with our Rodgers Salary Cap problems it shouldn't be this bad. Our Front Office and scouting department really appears to have botched the last few years.

And, what's going on with the coaching. Many seem to think the Front Office is way too involved in the coaching - which is hamstringing the coaches and preventing a coordinated team of Front Office acquiring players to fit coaching strategies.

TW, I don't think you have to worry about intentional tanking. The Pack just isn't going to win much.

As for Love, I don't feel sorry for him. He's making millions and will make more.

Hindsight is 20/20, but if you have the balls to make the move to go get Love in the draft, our Eunich Front Office should have had the balls to trade Rodgers for the Cornucopia they could have gotten when he made the statement on that draft night years ago.

Although this might not sound like the right thing to say, if they can't win at least 9 games, I'd just as soon they lost out for the rest of this season, so they can at least get someone in the top 6 or 7 in the draft next spring.
the problem with that is you have to count on gute to pick the right players - which he has proven he is not capable of doing.

It's amazing to me how we bad we have missed on the draft and opportunites by: 1) Not trading Rodgers when he had value, 2) Poorly evaluating talent, 3) Drafting players whose skill sets don't match our strategies, 4) Drafting players for positions that they didn't play before professional football, 5) Drafting players that are not as smart as they appeared, 6) Trading up to get guys - see 2.

Even with our Rodgers Salary Cap problems it shouldn't be this bad. Our Front Office and scouting department really appears to have botched the last few years.

And, what's going on with the coaching. Many seem to think the Front Office is way too involved in the coaching - which is hamstringing the coaches and preventing a coordinated team of Front Office acquiring players to fit coaching strategies.

TW, I don't think you have to worry about intentional tanking. The Pack just isn't going to win much.

As for Love, I don't feel sorry for him. He's making millions and will make more.

Hindsight is 20/20, but if you have the balls to make the move to go get Love in the draft, our Eunich Front Office should have had the balls to trade Rodgers for the Cornucopia they could have gotten when he made the statement on that draft night years ago.
Sorry but trading Rodgers would also have resulted in a big dead cap hit at that point. 20/20 hindsight is fun to play but he also gave you the best chance of winning and like it or not they went all in on FA also.

Your point #2 is the biggest reason we are where we are now.

Yes and no. He’s hit on his high round picks for the most part but rounds 3-4 have been questionable at best. That’s where depth comes into play.
i'm going to have to agree to disagree. we have spent a lot of our highest picks on defense and the defense still can't stop the run (or the pass for that matter).

i'm going to have to agree to disagree. we have spent a lot of our highest picks on defense and the defense still can't stop the run (or the pass for that matter).
Much of that is scheme. Alexander is a stud lock down CB, Clark is above average. Gary has been an outstanding rush end. ILB has been an issue and to a great extent safety when it comes to stopping the run

Much of that is scheme. Alexander is a stud lock down CB, Clark is above average. Gary has been an outstanding rush end. ILB has been an issue and to a great extent safety when it comes to stopping the run
Well that's what you get when you hire a garbage DC that has failed twice and refuses to adjust his scheme when it fails.

Back