Official Week 16 Green Bay vs Tennessee Thread

Henry has been running through most defenses this season, and Tannehill has been playing well in the second half of the season; But they have one of the worst pass defenses in the league, and their rush defense is middle of the pack (just like GB). I think we can move the ball against them as well, or better than they can against us - I certainly don't think they will come in here and dominate us.
That Titans run game is gonna shorten the game and keep the Pack offense on the sidelines. I sure hope I'm wrong. Would be a nice statement game to win.

A fair assessment. Could be a tale of two games by half. I do hope the first time the Packers get the ball they score as they usually do. They might need that advantage at the end.

I've got it:

Packers 31 Oilers 30 (Earl Campbell will be held to 145 yards)
You just need to account for Rob Carpenter when Campbell is out

I'll say it again this week and TW alluded to it earlier, you are banged up in certain spots now. What's the point of risking Jones and Adams or even Rodgers this week's vs a big physical FB team ??

Your in the playoffs and can clinch a bye next week? Why risk it?
that makes some sense mark, especially when you consider the fact that the bears could possibly get eliminated from playoffs this week (not likely, but possible). i guess what it really comes down to is which game you feel better about your chances of winning and coming out injury-free. i almost think it's a coin toss.

I'll say it again this week and TW alluded to it earlier, you are banged up in certain spots now. What's the point of risking Jones and Adams or even Rodgers this week's vs a big physical FB team ??

Your in the playoffs and can clinch a bye next week? Why risk it?
That's a good question. Seahawks play Rams at 3:20. Packers play Titans at 7:20. If Rams win, then I believe we need to play Titans to win and lock first seed; and avoid having to win at Chicago, especially considering the Bears turned it up a notch lately.

If Seahawks win, your strategy is good. Why risk it?

Last edited:
Titans O is a bad match up for this packers d (and a lot of defenses) so to me this game is about the Packers O. Titans will get theirs but their D isn't great so Pack need to go into this game with a shootout mindset.

The business at hand is getting the 1 seed. You do that and it puts you one step closer to the prize which is getting to and winning the Super Bowl.

I do think this week is a bit of a gut check for the Packers. The Titans are really good and arguably they are better offensively than the Packers. They feature a power running game and one of the two flaws this team has is defending stud RBs that can pound you into oblivion.

The game is really important for the Titans as well. The AFC is loaded this year and Tennessee can win their division with a W and a Colts loss.

Should be a fun one for sure.

The business at hand is getting the 1 seed. You do that and it puts you one step closer to the prize which is getting to and winning the Super Bowl.

I do think this week is a bit of a gut check for the Packers. The Titans are really good and arguably they are better offensively than the Packers. They feature a power running game and one of the two flaws this team has is defending stud RBs that can pound you into oblivion.

The game is really important for the Titans as well. The AFC is loaded this year and Tennessee can win their division with a W and a Colts loss.

Should be a fun one for sure.
Henry is a beast but that OL is good and their two starting WRs are very good and make big plays.

Ryan Tannehill has been ridiculous since arriving in Tennessee. In 26 games, he’s thrown for 53 TDs and only 11 INTs. His passer rating the last 2 seasons has been around 115 compared to a career rating kg 92. Simply put, he’s accurate and doesn’t make a lot of mistakes.

Defensively the Packers have their work cut out for them and it isn't just defending against the modern day version of Beast Mode.

What needs to happen is GB needs to get a lead early and force the Titans to abandon the run. Much like what the Packers did to Minnesota in their first game where Dalvin Cook was a non factor. That’s how you beat a team like the Titans.

Back