Official Week 16 Green Bay vs Tennessee Thread

I understand with everything you're saying Mark.

However, in this instance I disagree. We need this win. For 2 reasons:

1) And, most importantly. win the damn game and get the bye. Get the damn monkey that the defense can't play off it's back. The defense has been surprising at times this year and during those times the offense has laid eggs. We need to play 60 minutes of football of good inspired football. Don't know if we've done it yet this year.
2) The Bears - our biggest rival - will be in either, desperate to win to make the playoffs mode, spoil the Pack's homefield mode, or just f_ _ _ them mode. And, more f_ _ _ them mode, if we lay down the week before thinking we have an easy win against them the next week. They're going to be on fire. I think the bigger chance of injury will be against the Bears.

I believe in my statement that I made earlier. Lay down and lose this week and go to 11-5.

So I think the question is, lay down to not get injured and go on the road healthier - if there's a year to do it, it's this year - or get the damn bye this week. If the cards fall right, sit guys against the Bears.

Probably more intelligence in your strategy and more heart in mine. But, damnit, we need heart.

Looking at the games if Pitt beats the Colts before the Tenn/GB game Tenn will not need this game either as if they would beat Houston week 17 they win their division.

What needs to happen is GB needs to get a lead early and force the Titans to abandon the run. Much like what the Packers did to Minnesota in their first game where Dalvin Cook was a non factor. That’s how you beat a team like the Titans.
I don't believe Vrabel and Co. get rattled easy by a lead. They will stay consistent with that run game and shorten the game, imo.

I'll answer your argument very simply.... If D.adams, Clark, Rodgers, Jones and Bak go out with injury for a month or any combination do you have the depth on the roster to replace them >> Nope, Checkmate

That's not giving up. That's looking at your roster and knowing your locked in on a greater goal than this week's game. Pride will lose you more games than not. Think about all that.
You could say that about any point in the season. I do understand your point though and it's a dilemma for sure. Never any guarantees that things will go right the week after either. Very good points though. Lots to think about for ML and staff.

Well, I think we will see substitutions at RB for this game.

Jones has a sore toe that needs rest, and I see Jamaal has been listed as doubtful, as well.

This week may be the unveiling of Dillon and one of the other RB's on the roster.

While I don't want to give this game away, there is merit to the line of thinking that you shouldn't risk your key guys.

While I think that most of those key guys may very well start the game, they may not play the whole game, and especially if the game gets out of hand early (either ahead or behind).

Protecting your core players makes sense, especially since "The North" has already been won. HFA in the Rodgers era hasn't been the be-all-end-all for this team, and this year it is even a weaker advantage than in the past.

I would agree with resting the injured and don't risk the long term approach. Like Mark said if any of those top guys go down GB is sunk because the depth isn't there. Especially when they haven't played well against teams with a winning record.

DEF has to play above their talent level this game, above the level they've played overall to be honest if they want a win. Because Arod won't have the time to bring this team back if TEN eats up the clock with Henry pounding it down the DEF throat all day. Especially if it's cold and the offense spends a lot of time on the sideline....

I see Packers activated Corey Linsley. I do hope they don't use him tomorrow, especially if it's slippery and snowy. We need him at 100% for the playoffs!

Looks like it will be a wet and packy snow at 30°, maybe a snowglobe type of game with winds at 14 mph.

Snowflakes could be flying during the Packers-Titans game at Lambeau Field. Kickoff is at 7:20 p.m., so the snow showers are likely during the first half of the game and then taper off by game's end. Total of 2-4 inches possible in the GB area.

Somehow through my morning Google wanderings I came upon the Fetterman Massacre today. I hope we are like the Indians

Back