Packers 2022 Thread

He could have got paid in both places I just think he is hoping for HOF stats and with Love he might not get that
He’s been public with 3 comments #1 he wanted to play closer to home #2 he cited family #3 to your point he wanted more assurance (paraphrasing there ) that Rodgers would be around for a few years. Leads more credence that #12 is year to year. They seem to communicate often. He could have taken / negotiated a 2-3 deal with void years but chose not to. Read the tea leaves

Sure that obviously was a data point , but you can offer $10m per year APY and if it’s tied to roster bonuses it’s nada.
Will be interseting that if any details come out of what might have been offered and what was asked

He could play on his tender or not play at all, that he signed it isn't a story.

To be clear, I have long said that there is always a spot on my team for a guy like Lazard, but the idea that he was going to bluff his way to a new deal in his favor by holding out when 1. he had zero leverage with league rules and structure, 2. he didn't distinguish himself as a riser under more favorable circumstances, and 3. the team just drafted another big dude to take his reps... it was preposterous.
I think playing to be a FA is best for him. He balls out he will get paid bigger deal then he could sign witha ext

He’s been public with 3 comments #1 he wanted to play closer to home #2 he cited family #3 to your point he wanted more assurance (paraphrasing there ) that Rodgers would be around for a few years. Leads more credence that #12 is year to year. They seem to communicate often. He could have taken / negotiated a 2-3 deal with void years but chose not to. Read the tea leaves
Yeah and he still said GB had offered him after 2020 he would have been open to a deal

Yeah and he still said GB had offered him after 2020 he would have been open to a deal
That’s 2 years ago. Ancient history. Team had a team friendly deal with financial control for 2 more years. Note the word “open” for a deal. That’s not a ringing endorsement

That’s 2 years ago. Ancient history. Team had a team friendly deal with financial control for 2 more years. Note the word “open” for a deal. That’s not a ringing endorsement
Yeah and GB changed his attitude when he was told no dice on a new deal. GB did not show him love so he was like screw it I want to move on.

Yeah and GB changed his attitude when he was told no dice on a new deal. GB did not show him love so he was like screw it I want to move on.
And so what. Honestly it’s a business. You take care of yourself. Who knows if they talked about numbers then. It’s done , he’s gone. It’s not like every player what’s to stay in GB.

And so what. Honestly it’s a business. You take care of yourself. Who knows if they talked about numbers then. It’s done , he’s gone. It’s not like every player what’s to stay in GB.
No but to me GB dropped the ball he's a top 3 WR in NFL and GB thought they could just go in at any time and offer him a deal and he would be happy to stay.

Back