Packers 2022 Thread

Lazard tried. Can't blame him for that.

And he may still get a new deal. Maybe they are working on it.

Although, I will say I am not sure if I like a long-term deal on Lazard. If it was two years and then they could cut him lose without having salary cap issues then yes.
Lazard has been so yo-yo Let him start year as #1 by mid-season he's proving he can be that guy then you can talk deal.

Yep. Structure mattered here probably not so much for APY which is basically irrelevant.
He could play on his tender or not play at all, that he signed it isn't a story.

To be clear, I have long said that there is always a spot on my team for a guy like Lazard, but the idea that he was going to bluff his way to a new deal in his favor by holding out when 1. he had zero leverage with league rules and structure, 2. he didn't distinguish himself as a riser under more favorable circumstances, and 3. the team just drafted another big dude to take his reps... it was preposterous.

He could play on his tender or not play at all, that he signed it isn't a story.

To be clear, I have long said that there is always a spot on my team for a guy like Lazard, but the idea that he was going to bluff his way to a new deal in his favor by holding out when 1. he had zero leverage with league rules and structure, 2. he didn't distinguish himself as a riser under more favorable circumstances, and 3. the team just drafted another big dude to take his reps... it was preposterous.
I get that part. My point is that assuming numbers were exchanged (probable) it was not favorable for him to sign. He knew the parameters and deadlines.

Back