Packers 2022 Thread

Little surprised Eberle was cut so soon. Seemed to be a Rich guy from Vegas. Must has not impressed in OTA at all.

Anyone see AJ Dillon pics from softball game? Looks like he would give you a concussion if he hit you with one of those tree trunk legs.

288082088_10159705744590073_3009098297096261614_n.jpg

No but to me GB dropped the ball he's a top 3 WR in NFL and GB thought they could just go in at any time and offer him a deal and he would be happy to stay.
There is where we disagree. The organization had a contract that fit the cap and had financial control for 2 more years. They had to not just deal with Rodgers but Bak, Jones and any FA moves. And I can guarantee you that “Team Adams” understood that ifs a business and that’s the way the league works. Sure he said he would have been “open” to a deal but negotiations and not that simple or cut and dried

The organization did not drop the ball. Adams is a smart guy. He knew he was getting paid at some point. It’s not being cheap either. People focus on the cap but cash flow and paying out SB is maybe just as important of a factor.

I don’t think Adams just woke up one morning and said I’m moving closer to home and LV is where i want to raise my family. Also….he made it clear recently that he wanted to make sure 12 was around for a while if he signed.

There is where we disagree. The organization had a contract that fit the cap and had financial control for 2 more years. They had to not just deal with Rodgers but Bak, Jones and any FA moves. And I can guarantee you that “Team Adams” understood that ifs a business and that’s the way the league works. Sure he said he would have been “open” to a deal but negotiations and not that simple or cut and dried

The organization did not drop the ball. Adams is a smart guy. He knew he was getting paid at some point. It’s not being cheap either. People focus on the cap but cash flow and paying out SB is maybe just as important of a factor.

I don’t think Adams just woke up one morning and said I’m moving closer to home and LV is where i want to raise my family. Also….he made it clear recently that he wanted to make sure 12 was around for a while if he signed.
I agree Rodgers was a part but I think that when GB delayed making any real talks to Adams after 2020 that really miffed him and turned him against wanting to return no matter what.

I agree Rodgers was a part but I think that when GB delayed making any real talks to Adams after 2020 that really miffed him and turned him against wanting to return no matter what.
If he’s miffed that’s his problem. It’s a business and he realizes that. So do his reps. To bad so sad.

If he’s miffed that’s his problem. It’s a business and he realizes that. So do his reps. To bad so sad.
Yeah but will be interesting did GB make mistake not signing him sooner and possible cheaper or will he hit that 30 year old wall and go down quick and and make GB look smart by trading him and not paying him.

Yeah but will be interesting did GB make mistake not signing him sooner and possible cheaper or will he hit that 30 year old wall and go down quick and and make GB look smart by trading him and not paying him.
I’ll bet the latter now because you can’t look at his deal in a vacuum. It’s roster / cash / cap management

How much does this effect trying to get Amos and Savage to new deals?

Steelers and All-Pro S Minkah Fitzpatrick reached agreement on a massive four-year contract extension worth over $18.4 million per year, with $36M gtd at signing, per source. The deal, negotiated and confirmed by @WME_Sports, makes Fitzpatrick the highest paid S in NFL history

How much does this effect trying to get Amos and Savage to new deals?

Steelers and All-Pro S Minkah Fitzpatrick reached agreement on a massive four-year contract extension worth over $18.4 million per year, with $36M gtd at signing, per source. The deal, negotiated and confirmed by @WME_Sports, makes Fitzpatrick the highest paid S in NFL history

IMO, unless Savage plays really well this year he is not worth that kind of money. Amos is getting up there in age and not sure I would go that route with him although, he is very solid.

As Pack has mentioned before structure matters and how the guarantees are done within the contract.

Back