Packers 2022 Thread

Packers workouts: RB Ryquell Armstead, Temple* RB Max Borghi, Washington St. RB Nate McCrary, Saginaw Valley RB Ty’Son Williams, BYU WR Ra’Shaun Henry, UVa TE Jared Scott, Idaho St. CB/KR Corey Ballentine, Washburn** *2019 5th-round pick (JAX) **2019 6th-round pick (NYG)

The Green Bay Packers signed cornerback Corey Ballentine to their practice squad on Wednesday, A sixth-round pick by the New York Giants in 2019, he started four games and broke up two passes during his first two seasons. Where he’s made a much larger impact is on special teams with a career average of 24.4 yards per kickoff return. In the 2021 preseason, he had a 73-yard kickoff return against the Packers while with the Jets.

I see Green Bay dumping Amari, and him becoming productive elsewhere where he doesn't have to beat out a grumpy QB's buddy
The problem is he can NOT beat out the grumpy QB buddy. He's a spread WR that wasn't really used as a WR in an offense where you have to run precision timing routes. Bad fit.

Amari will be on roster rest of this year but I think he's going to have to take a big step up in TC next year with Cobb likely gone or he won't make the team.

The problem is he can NOT beat out the grumpy QB buddy. He's a spread WR that wasn't really used as a WR in an offense where you have to run precision timing routes. Bad fit.
Gute has made some picks where maybe its a risk but you get it because of the high end possibilities - think of Gary or Stokes or now Walker, even Christian Watson. But he's also used high picks on guys where you ask yourself, even if this worked out, what's the highest end projection for this guy? In Amari's case, what was the highest end projection for him? He never had the speed of a Tyreek Hill where he could play that role. Who did they think they were getting? I've mentioned before the previous analysis that Rodgers was super pro ready, mature, smart etc., best case he was Randall Cobb. Just looking like a worse and worse pick.

Gute has made some picks where maybe its a risk but you get it because of the high end possibilities - think of Gary or Stokes or now Walker, even Christian Watson. But he's also used high picks on guys where you ask yourself, even if this worked out, what's the highest end projection for this guy? In Amari's case, what was the highest end projection for him? He never had the speed of a Tyreek Hill where he could play that role. Who did they think they were getting? I've mentioned before the previous analysis that Rodgers was super pro ready, mature, smart etc., best case he was Randall Cobb. Just looking like a worse and worse pick.
Dude needs to learn how to do what the Packers do, no different that Watson or Gary. With Cobb as a mentor, one would expect this to transpire at some point. Then again, some might have expected him to be farther along by now.

Still, he's had some decent punt returns, if you count the ones nullified by penalty.

Back