Post Game: Buffalo defeats Green Bay 27-17

I wouldn’t
I wouldn’t expect him to say anything else except support at this point…

But seven first round picks and Barry can’t turn that into a viable defense?? Wow…

I wouldn’t

I wouldn’t expect him to say anything else except support at this point…

But seven first round picks and Barry can’t turn that into a viable defense?? Wow…
Not about what ML said, im interested in the seeming confirmation that the defensive players don’t trust the DC. That tends to get ugly

Not about what ML said, im interested in the seeming confirmation that the defensive players don’t trust the DC. That tends to get ugly
It can and when you consider Stokes getting some bench time and some of the undisciplined play there is something there. And Grey did not give a ringing endorsement a few weeks ago when the discussion about playing soft coverage was in the news

It can and when you consider Stokes getting some bench time and some of the undisciplined play there is something there. And Grey did not give a ringing endorsement a few weeks ago when the discussion about playing soft coverage was in the news
Yes. One wonders if there’s something of a mutiny in the defensive backfield room, that certainly seems to be where all the loudness comes from and there also happens to be a lot of money and draft capital tied up there as well so it probably feels entitled to be loud.

I mean:

According to sources close to members of the Packers' defense, players have grown frustrated with the defensive scheme and playcalling. One source said there has been "a declining confidence in the defensive scheme and what's being called, and it's led to overall frustration with the defense." Another source confirmed that sentiment.

That's coach killer stuff. Good or bad, right or wrong. Is what it is, and its trouble

Yes. One wonders if there’s something of a mutiny in the defensive backfield room, that certainly seems to be where all the loudness comes from and there also happens to be a lot of money and draft capital tied up there as well so it probably feels entitled to be loud.
Screams, to me, that the defensive unit doesn't have a clear cut leader. One that can steady and focus the unit.

You mean the milquetoast defense isn't sitting well? I wonder what these players wish he was doing differently? Also, regardless of scheme, you gotta tackle.
It’s absolutely on the players at the end of the day. But at the same time, a de-motivated group that doesn’t believe in the coach and doesn’t think they’re being used right is not going to perform at their best. It’s not the Lombardi years anymore, player empowerment is a real thing, and this generation needs to be motivated

You mean the milquetoast defense isn't sitting well? I wonder what these players wish he was doing differently? Also, regardless of scheme, you gotta tackle.
Mentioned this a while back. You draft and pay #23 and #21 to play press man but you play by scheme a soft coverage and zone. Also Alexander is probably more effective in the slot than Douglas. Maybe that’s simplistic

Back