Post Game: Buffalo defeats Green Bay 27-17

It’s absolutely on the players at the end of the day. But at the same time, a de-motivated group that doesn’t believe in the coach and doesn’t think they’re being used right is not going to perform at their best. It’s not the Lombardi years anymore, player empowerment is a real thing, and this generation needs to be motivated
Very much so with this generation. The problem becomes when there's too many cooks in the kitchen and the direction gets discombobulated. There needs to be a leader and a vision. Most people in team sports still like to be led and Barry has to find a way to reach these players and get them to "buy in". If he can't adapt, if he can't get this team to focus in one direction, it will ultimately lead to his dismissal.

Very much so with this generation. The problem becomes when there's too many cooks in the kitchen and the direction gets discombobulated. There needs to be a leader and a vision. Most people in team sports still like to be led and Barry has to find a way to reach these players and get them to "buy in". If he can't adapt, if he can't get this team to focus in one direction, it will ultimately lead to his dismissal.
I'm sure ML is also sitting there thinking, how can I fire my DC when my starting FS can't do a simple run fill, or when my first round CB can't diagnose and play a simple zone coverage. A DC can't tack IQ points onto someone's brain.

I'm sure ML is also sitting there thinking, how can I fire my DC when my starting FS can't do a simple run fill, or when my first round CB can't diagnose and play a simple zone coverage. A DC can't tack IQ points onto someone's brain.
And it’s simple stuff like 91 and 52 having issues setting the edge. Part of that is ability but it’s a big coaching point. To that end, Barry is ultimately the guy but position coaches are equally accountable

I believe this so far dissapointing season is more on the coaches. They are not getting their strategies across at all.

I believe the job of the head coach and defensive coordinator is to determine their players skill and create and implement a defense that best utilizes the skill of their players. I think the coach and coordinator should at least be informing the front office of the style of defense they want to run so that the front office can try to get those type of players.

We seem to have gotten defensive backs and safeties who play press coverages for a coordinator who wants to play zone. Currently, I'm more angry with the coach for not optimizing his players skills.

Should Professional Football players be able to learn zone defense? Damn straight. So maybe there's an even bigger problem that the coach who wants to play zone doesn't know how to teach people to play zone.

There's a lot of blame for the problems. Players get some. But I think the Head Coach, Coordinator and defensive position coaches deserve the majority. They've had 2 years to sell and teach this scheme, and for good portions of each Sunday it looks like a first experience.

I think there's a lot of blame to be placed on the offensive side as well. The offensive side doesn't appear to be able to get its MVP QB to buy in this year. Also, I get it that running routes is difficult, but it's not rocket science. The offensive side doesn't appear to be able to teach route running very well either. And, when their receivers can't get off the line they don't appear to be doing anything to help them - throwing quick passes behind the line of scrimmage is not a strategy to help receivers get off the line; it's probably plugging it up more.

Grab a beer. Enjoy football. It's not our year. We'll probably have a new defensive coordinator next year. Who knows what else.

I believe this so far dissapointing season is more on the coaches. They are not getting their strategies across at all.

I believe the job of the head coach and defensive coordinator is to determine their players skill and create and implement a defense that best utilizes the skill of their players. I think the coach and coordinator should at least be informing the front office of the style of defense they want to run so that the front office can try to get those type of players.

We seem to have gotten defensive backs and safeties who play press coverages for a coordinator who wants to play zone. Currently, I'm more angry with the coach for not optimizing his players skills.

Should Professional Football players be able to learn zone defense? Damn straight. So maybe there's an even bigger problem that the coach who wants to play zone doesn't know how to teach people to play zone.

There's a lot of blame for the problems. Players get some. But I think the Head Coach, Coordinator and defensive position coaches deserve the majority. They've had 2 years to sell and teach this scheme, and for good portions of each Sunday it looks like a first experience.

I think there's a lot of blame to be placed on the offensive side as well. The offensive side doesn't appear to be able to get its MVP QB to buy in this year. Also, I get it that running routes is difficult, but it's not rocket science. The offensive side doesn't appear to be able to teach route running very well either. And, when their receivers can't get off the line they don't appear to be doing anything to help them - throwing quick passes behind the line of scrimmage is not a strategy to help receivers get off the line; it's probably plugging it up more.

Grab a beer. Enjoy football. It's not our year. We'll probably have a new defensive coordinator next year. Who knows what else.
Then don’t draft a CB in round 1 who plays press man , and don’t pay top $ (21) when he’s your lockdown CB and then also play him wide when it’s debatable that’s he better in the slot. The FO has also failed to draft tot the so called scheme

Then don’t draft a CB in round 1 who plays press man , and don’t pay top $ (21) when he’s your lockdown CB and then also play him wide when it’s debatable that’s he better in the slot. The FO has also failed to draft tot the so called scheme
That too. Big that too.

But, now that they're here. I think it's on the coaches to use their abilities better.

Or, if they're going to stick with their guns - why, it's served Barry so well - teach them the damn defense so they can play it efficiently.

That too. Big that too.

But, now that they're here. I think it's on the coaches to use their abilities better.

Or, if they're going to stick with their guns - why, it's served Barry so well - teach them the damn defense so they can play it efficiently.
Well when your DB coach has not endorsed the scheme you have issues also. Fine, use their abilities, play more man. Fact was they played a soft zone, off coverage. The scheme is awful. And their safeties can’t guard a soul either but our FO gave a 5th year option @$7m per.

Well when your DB coach has not endorsed the scheme you have issues also. Fine, use their abilities, play more man. Fact was they played a soft zone, off coverage. The scheme is awful. And their safeties can’t guard a soul either but our FO gave a 5th year option @$7m per.
Sorry but ML was correct, most everyone else full of podo(, you can't play straight man up on Allen. You're not incorrect but vs that team, he had no choice but go zone.

The issue continues to be a combination of things, oh, and by the way using Jerry Grey as an example of competence as a DB coach isn't wise my friend, he has a plethora of issues all his own.

Sorry but ML was correct, most everyone else full of podo(, you can't play straight man up on Allen. You're not incorrect but vs that team, he had no choice but go zone.

The issue continues to be a combination of things, oh, and by the way using Jerry Grey as an example of competence as a DB coach isn't wise my friend, he has a plethora of issues all his own.
And vs Buffalo thats fair. My point on Grey is he was not shy about the scheme. When you make a public statement that’s never good. Optic’s matter

Back