Post game: Detroit defeats Green Bay 20-16

On to the draft indeed.

I didn't want to predict a score this week because my heart was all in it for a win, but my head kept coming back to the fact that AR and ML have crapped the bed every season they've been together when the pressure is on and this year turned out to be no different. Oh, and add Aaron Jones to the mix as well since he always seems to fumble at the worst possible time. What a roller coaster season with a totally craptastic finish . . . again.

Disappointed in the outcome having come this close, but a season together with you all on the board is a good one indeed, no matter how it ends.
I feel exactly the same way. It wouldn't be the same without this place. :)
All of you have made this a great year. I usually take a few months off to unwind but this year, on this board, has been the best because of the members, so I won't be taking any time off. This had all the makings for a feel good game but the reality of the season is that it ended like it unfolded so many times this year. Lots of evaluation to have happen and I'm hoping for some staff changes too.

Last edited:
Well it comes down to few plays like normal:

ML's stupid 4th and go for it at our own 30- 3 points for the Lions

ML having Crosby try and kick a 53 yarder when he barely made a 49 yarder earlier

Jones fumbled right before half in Lions territory

4-5 drops that would have kept the chains moving or big plays

Oline sucked most of the night

Quay Walker and Rusul Douglas are the biggest morons of all time

Rodgers had some bad throws

All those things are a loss. And the defense played well enough to win.

The season ended later than I thought it would. I figured we'd be out of the playoff hunt in around week 16. They did well, under the circumstances.

Regardless of what anyone wants to believe, this team is no longer an NFL super power. There's a lot of work to be done, if they want to get back into the hunt. It's not going to happen over night.

Didn't watch the whole game just maybe 40 minutes, team looked a bit flat. When they were getting pressure easily on Rodgers it looked like it may end up not going well.

So many people jumped back on the bandwagon of an 8-loss team before this game thinking they had magic.... "they were who we thought they were" as the quote goes. Never felt like our year going back to TC.

hof( to the Lions, they knocked us down to third in the North. Time for some serious soul-searching in the FO this season.

Back