Post game: Detroit defeats Green Bay 20-16

This was a flawed team since day 1 and gave us false hope with a run vs teams (sans Minnesota) with a combined 17-34 record

• This is a very undisciplined team and immature team. And that’s with vets like 18, 69 and 12 in the locker room. Not necessarily a blame but an observation and it’s cost this team games over 18 weeks. Long look in the mirror ML
  • Rodgers is a all time great but the skill set it just not there. Father Time wins again. And it’s not the thumb anymore. The legs are 39 years old and it shows. The deep ball is more of a heave than a dart.
  • Might be injury or the rookie wall or both but 87 has been a shell of himself since the injury. Watson is a stud and but that whole room is an issue
  • Walker….no excuses. And if you watch and tape again Wyatt even bumped the guy after the flag. See point #1. Nobody on that unit is accountable. Again see point #1
  • You don’t run a quick jet action in your own territory on 4th & 1. As pointed out the team looked flat but also tight. They were a reflection on the staff last night and that’s really concerning
On to 2023. This will be a much different team come July. Lot of soul searching and some really difficult decisions on some guys. You can make the case that assuming #10 / #12 is behind center next year not one position is considering set. Buckle up

I am bothered by Quay Walker, Wyatt and Reed. To me, that indicates a serious leadership / coaching issue. They made the Pack look like thugs on that play.
No, the first two were who you drafted, those issues were knowns in college. Can't bitch about coaching when thats what your GM got you.

Big picture it comes to this, Rodgers couldn’t win a NFC title at home, the next year couldn’t win a divisional round at home, and this year couldn’t even win a “win and in” game to just make the playoffs at home.

He hasn’t gotten it done and it’s time to try and do better.

RP,

I get what you are saying but there are way more issues then Aaron Rodgers. He did not lose any of these games the last 3 years. Did he make enough plays to win them, no but this team has made numerous stupid mistakes in the playoffs and must win games. And that includes their head coach.

Even if AR retires, nothing will change until Murphy, Gute, and ML are gone.

Against a defense that ranked 30th in scoring, the Packers scored one touchdown.

Against a defense that ranked 30th on third down, the Packers went 4-of-12.

Against a defense that ranked 30th in goal-to-go situations, the Packers went 0-for-1.

“The same things that hurt us all year, hurt us tonight,” Rodgers said.

Against a defense that ranked 30th in yards allowed per carry, the Packers managed a meager 3.7.

Keisean Nixon was bottled up on kick returns.

A defense that forced 12 turnovers the last four weeks forced zero.

You guys are being hypercritical but STILL miss the big picture. We haven't won a title in 11 years with several failures in between... You bitch about DC .... They fire/hire DC same results. Y'all bitched about MM, change the WHOLE staff do 3 13-3 years STILL bitching.

What the ggg( is doing is not allowing all of you to see what didn't change in that time period.

Only two things stayed constant in that time period, the front office and the QB. If you want to get over the hump remove or change those two factors otherwise you are peeing into a 40 mph wind. Doesn't matter about the other stuff..proven.

You guys are being hypercritical but STILL miss the big picture. We haven't won a title in 11 years with several failures in between... You bitch about DC .... They fire/hire DC same results. Y'all bitched about MM, change the WHOLE staff do 3 13-3 years STILL bitching.

What the ggg( is doing is not allowing all of you to see what didn't change in that time period.

Only two things stayed constant in that time period, the front office and the QB. If you want to get over the hump remove or change those two factors otherwise you are peeing into a 40 mph wind. Doesn't matter about the other stuff..proven.
QB sounds like he might be on the way out, although, I wouldn't be surprised to see him back. As FlaPack has said, those skills have diminished considerably. The FO part, well, we know how that is gonna go. Same old same old but you are right, as usual(the gratuitous suck up for the eventual screw up I'll do this year :)).

We've discussed a lot about the talent on this team, and is it just me, but I still don't see a talented team. Maybe it was just a bad year and things looked worse but it still feels like this team needs OL, TE, WR, LB, another CB, maybe an edge. I don't know. My head is spinning and I'm trying to find the positives but it's either the talent not playing up to the potential, scheme or the talent evaluation sucks.

QB sounds like he might be on the way out, although, I wouldn't be surprised to see him back. As FlaPack has said, those skills have diminished considerably. The FO part, well, we know how that is gonna go. Same old same old but you are right, as usual(the gratuitous suck up for the eventual screw up I'll do this year :)).

We've discussed a lot about the talent on this team, and is it just me, but I still don't see a talented team. Maybe it was just a bad year and things looked worse but it still feels like this team needs OL, TE, WR, LB, another CB, maybe an edge. I don't know. My head is spinning and I'm trying to find the positives but it's either the talent not playing up to the potential, scheme or the talent evaluation sucks.
Virtually the same scheme is in SF, with a third-string QB winning like an MVP. The point is I think you can safely take the scheme out of it IMHO.

Virtually the same scheme is in SF, with a third-string QB winning like an MVP. The point is I think you can safely take the scheme out of it IMHO.
The offense can’t be torn in two directions any longer. They can’t try to gameplan to be both more and less QB dependent at the same time. Tried it for 4 seasons now. Got 2 MVPs and a bunch of duds in must win games to show for it. That’s the book, it’s been written, there is no point trying to do it again.

Here it is, Packers best stretch of the season. Do you think Jordan Love can give you this? I know what I think, what does everyone else here think? If the answer is yes then this is not even a topic for debate.

484F9704-FC0F-47AA-BD6F-96BDFB2FD18C.png

The offense can’t be torn in two directions any longer. They can’t try to gameplan to be both more and less QB dependent at the same time. Tried it for 4 seasons now. Got 2 MVPs and a bunch of duds in must win games to show for it. That’s the book, it’s been written, there is no point trying to do it again.

Here it is, Packers best stretch of the season. Do you think Jordan Love can give you this? I know what I think, what does everyone else here think? If the answer is yes then this is not even a topic for debate.

View attachment 663
Can't answer the Love question because to be blunt we haven't seen enough with first-string players to draw a conclusion one way or another.

Can't answer the Love question because to be blunt we haven't seen enough with first-string players to draw a conclusion one way or another.
Call me an optimist, slander me with green and gold glasses, but I think they can get 5 TDs, 3 INT and 200 yards a game over a 5 game stretch from Jordan Love. That is not a high bar.

Back