Post Game: GB Knocks off Chicago 10-3

From my perspective, the "timing" issue is that plays seem to still be coming in late, the huddle breaks late and slow. ML has been taking about upping the pace of that part of the offense throughout camp and it still looks like things are still kinda slow and uncertain. I think that is a part of why the play clock continues to be down to 1 or 2 seconds when the ball is snapped. I think this will improve as the offense becomes more automatic for everyone.

In a way it’s pretty simple. After #17 there is a big drop off at WR and until someone can step up, get separation and run crisp routes this offense will have issues. And to add to that, Jones is the only RB on the roster who can really impact this offense. It’s not an easy fix and we have said for months it’s not a one draft fix. Some pieces are just not there

As for running the clock down, the defense knows you gotta snap the ball, so there's no mystery as to when it's being snapped, if there's only 2 seconds left. They can attack without fear of being offside.

Agreed. Thank you. That was the point I was trying to make earlier. As for why AR is holding onto it so long, I have no idea. Hard to see the whole field on TV. I have a feeling things will get better as the year goes on. Offense has a lot to grow from.

Many are saying Aaron is losing arm strength with age. To me, it's more that his mechanics are declining. Doesn't set his feet anymore. He could still have that same arm strength.

Many are saying Aaron is losing arm strength with age. To me, it's more that his mechanics are declining. Doesn't set his feet anymore. He could still have that same arm strength.

he developed a bad habit of throwing without setting his feet when he that leg injury. it just hurt too much.

Agreed on bad habits from injuries. First the shoulder, then the leg injury. Both made him modify his mechanics, and it will take time to get muscle memory back where it belongs.

Trevor Davis will get a shot to be #2. Kumerow will get a shot at some Geronimo reps. The big question is, why was Aaron holding onto the ball? Were guys not getting open?

As for running the clock down, the defense knows you gotta snap the ball, so there's no mystery as to when it's being snapped, if there's only 2 seconds left. They can attack without fear of being offside.

Offense looked like shit. No excuses. They were not ready.

Thing is, they were pressing a bit. This wasn't a Mike McCarthy lull. They weren't trying to think of what Mike's textbook said to do. They showed up for 60, they were just pressing under that defense. IMO.
Kumerow is overrated he's a #5 WR fans need to accept what he is they act like he can be a starting WR he's not never will be.

Davis is not a #2 not even close.

Week 2 I still don't know if you will judge much with the running game facing another really good defense.

Back