Post Game: GB Knocks off Chicago 10-3

Because there have been more then enough times were he has had to waste a TO because the snap did not come off.
So what. Rush a play because formation is off / play call ?

sorry but i have to disagree with both of you. first, i would not make that judgment call based on one game against the bears defense. especially since rodgers was not sharp last night.

we also have additional targets beyond the wrs. the three tight ends caught six balls for 72 yards and the game's only td.

you say davante plus a bunch of 3s and 4s. davante only caught half the balls thrown his way for a paultry 36 yards. but the fifth rounder caught four out of six of the balls thrown to him for 52 yards. i think once the offense is fully in synch, we will see a lot more productivity.

We will have to agree to disagree.

Look at when our O was elite. We had all three of these WR's at the same time because we picked them in back to back years. Jennings 2006, Jones 2007, Nelson 2008.
Jennings- 2nd rounder (was our #1 WR)
Nelson- 2nd rounder (was our #1 WR)
Jones- 3rd rounder (was our #2 WR)

Facts don't lie. We need a #2 WR. Not undrafted FA's and 5th and 6th rounders.

Oh and MVS has speed and can get deep but until I see him be consistent at running curls, outs, corners, and crossing routes I am not convinced.

So what. Rush a play because formation is off / play call ?
What is wrong with snapping ball with 5 seconds on clock? Won't have to worry about delay of game and defense is not going to switch with 5 seconds left on clock.

What is wrong with snapping ball with 5 seconds on clock? Won't have to worry about delay of game and defense is not going to switch with 5 seconds left on clock.
Read the defense . Read adjustments , audibles....make the RIGHT call

You know, maybe the Bears offense isn’t the KC offense, but last year they outscored their opponents 421 to 283.

It’s basically the same offensive personnel this year except swap Montgomery for Howard and add Davis at RB, plus they have a healthy Robinson but an ailing Burton (push)

Okay so let's clarify because clearly a bunch of you didn't read or comprehend a damn thing this off season. This isn't MM offense based on timing nor is it the West coast O of Holmgren (Though it has some similar principales). It’s an aggressive, big-play offense which features running plays that set up deep play-action passes.

ML runs about 75 to 80 % of the Shanahan scheme and the rest is stuff he picked up . The hold the ball and snap at 1 isn't in the cards in the scheme... no it's not okay.

The audibles and check downs are built in the scheme. In other words if they call a 21 play action yankee route and the D adjusts it's a simple check to a run play. If it's an inside zone run left and the D adjusts then Rodgers has a pass play built in that he checks too. It's actually a very simple scheme once he learns to go with it... he hasn't yet.

All those "it's crap" screams on shout in the first qtr were BS. You run to set up the play action often times off motion...thus the quick TD drive the other night. That's how/why it works. You don't need 3 superstar WR in this offense.. you really need two stud inside zone RB though. Watch it evolve through time boys and girls because with a decent D it's going to be a fun time to be a Packer fan again. sb(

Okay so let's clarify because clearly a bunch of you didn't read or comprehend a damn thing this off season. This isn't MM offense based on timing nor is it the West coast O of Holmgren (Though it has some similar principales). It’s an aggressive, big-play offense which features running plays that set up deep play-action passes.

ML runs about 75 to 80 % of the Shanahan scheme and the rest is stuff he picked up . The hold the ball and snap at 1 isn't in the cards in the scheme... no it's not okay.

The audibles and check downs are built in the scheme. In other words if they call a 21 play action yankee route and the D adjusts it's a simple check to a run play. If it's an inside zone run left and the D adjusts then Rodgers has a pass play built in that he checks too. It's actually a very simple scheme once he learns to go with it... he hasn't yet.

All those "it's crap" screams on shout in the first qtr were BS. You run to set up the play action often times off motion...thus the quick TD drive the other night. That's how/why it works. You don't need 3 superstar WR in this offense.. you really need two stud inside zone RB though. Watch it evolve through time boys and girls because with a decent D it's going to be a fun time to be a Packer fan again. sb(

Nice to get clarification on the snap. I don't have a problem with burning it down late in game. We all understand it's to burn clock. My point was that it always looks like it's discombobulated and not like it's a planned chaos. At one point, Bak turned around and was trying to hurry AR up to snap the ball as the play clock was winding down. Then again, maybe that's all part of the play and Bak was just trying to fool the defense into thinking that the offense didn't have a clue about the 1 second left on the clock

Mark, what you say also highlights why the rebuild of this team is still incomplete. Indications are that the defense is on the right track, so next draft will possibly/likely see an emphasis on offense to fix the deficiencies that still exist there.

RB, TE, OL will likely be the highest priorities in next years draft.
We may also see a QB picked in the first 3 rounds as well.

if it is thought that we are in rebuild mode I think that is hugely mistaken. We are in win mode. They didn't go out and spend money to think they are a few years away. We have an aging qb, you don't rebuild with that. Sure you are constantly trying to grow and get better but rebuild is so the wrong term.

this O will grow over the season. AR needs to let go and trust the process some IMO. he is set in his ways and will be a few weeks before he and the O is clicking. We beat a

Back