Post Game GB Outlast Vikings 43-34

I never try and overreact one way or another in weeks 1-2. Even more so this year.
  • A win is a win
  • Depth going to be an issue all year
  • Talent on defense is well poor sans the Smiths and Clark and now with Clark out more issues
  • Scheme is an issue but so is talent
  • 1-0
This

Aaron Rodgers targeting the WR position only today: 22-of-27 for 315 yards and four TDs. The 81.4 percent rate was his best since Week 14 of 2016, the 315 yards his best since Week 10 of 2016 and the four TDs his best since Week 4 of 2017.

Davante Adams' 14-catch performance tied the Packers record for most receptions in a single game, a mark set by Don Hutson against the Giants in 1942. "Wish I would've broken it," said Adams, who said he wasn't aware of the record until Aaron Rodgers told him about it after.

Turns out Jaire’s safety was dumb luck as he thought they were running a different defensive play. If he gets blocked in any way there were two Vikings running down the middle of the field wide open.

Gonna give the D the next couple weeks before I make a judgement. Felt like they did a few nice things with pressures and the safety before we got up big and they just seemed to go to sleep. Really feel like those last 2 scores were complete garbage time. I’m actually probably more concerned they gave up the 3 two point conversions. Just seems a team like the 49ers will still be able to run our defense into the ground.

My Lord, Rodgers looks like Godgers again! Whatever he found on that old film is incredible. None of the too short, too long, missed timing throws from the last couple years. MVS is a big key to this offense really opening up. Love that they got him involved late on some non deep throws.

It’s a week to week league and that is more true this year with no pre-season. Gonna be some teams who look way different by years end. I expect Vikes D to be much better later on the season.

Taylor prob done for year, we better called Valdheer

Offense impressive for no camp, worried about injuries on O-line. Defense was good early, and I don't know if they were experimenting later or not, figuring they had it in the bag. If not, they have some work to do.

I'll get excited if I see them win the next two to go with this one. Gonna miss Clark big time if he can't get back.

Anyone notice Krys Barnes (just called up from PS) out there making plays today?
i was actually shocked when they cut him and was happy when they signed him to the ps. and even happier when they promoted him to the 53. i think he may end up the starter next to kirksey by midseason.

Really feel like those last 2 scores were complete garbage time. I’m actually probably more concerned they gave up the 3 two point conversions.
i agree.

Just seems a team like the 49ers will still be able to run our defense into the ground.
we only gave up 134 yards on the ground. only 50 yards to their superstar running back. and honestly, if we agree that the last two minny scores were garbage time (which we do), the defense really did quite well.

but the offense - wow. 500+ yards and 40+ points, in the division, on the road, in a game where they were considered the underdogs. that's not too shabby. of course, we will be hearing all week how it's just one game and the vikings were missing half their defense and the refs were in our pocket.

[QUOTE="realitybytes, of course, we will be hearing all week how it's just one game and the vikings were missing half their defense and the refs were in our pocket.
[/QUOTE]
Yes it’s one week out of 16. And with no fans in stands home field does not exist. Minnesota averaged 6.1 per carry. Ok take out the QB and it’s still 18 carries for 100. That’s still 5.5 per rush. You dominate TOP and still give up 34 points won by 9. That’s a red flag folks

Back