Post game: Niners beat Packers 13-10

No chance does Adams just walk away. Would be incredibly stupid to allow that to happen.. If nothing else, he will get tagged. They would make the needed moves to make it happen

The numbers are seriously against a tag and trade. Tagging Adams will immediately add $20 million or so to his CAP number. (The whole value of the franchise tag immediately counts against the CAP.) They don't have any CAP space. In order to tag Adams you first have to clear the existing CAP problem you already have, THEN you need to clear another $20 million. How many guys need to be cut to clear say $60-80 million off the CAP.

I'm not against the idea, but I haven't yet seen one credible report on how exactly they could get it done. My bet is that they'll get a 3rd round comp pick for him and that'll be all. I hope I'm wrong.

My bet is that they'll get a 3rd round comp pick for him and that'll be all. I hope I'm wrong.
That's heartbreaking. The dude develops as one of the top WR talent and all that is had, is a possible 3rd rounder. How does that happen?

That's heartbreaking. The dude develops as one of the top WR talent and all that is had, is a possible 3rd rounder. How does that happen?
Your FO sacrifices potential down the road for a one year last dance which ended with a thud....

The numbers are seriously against a tag and trade. Tagging Adams will immediately add $20 million or so to his CAP number. (The whole value of the franchise tag immediately counts against the CAP.) They don't have any CAP space. In order to tag Adams you first have to clear the existing CAP problem you already have, THEN you need to clear another $20 million. How many guys need to be cut to clear say $60-80 million off the CAP.

I'm not against the idea, but I haven't yet seen one credible report on how exactly they could get it done. My bet is that they'll get a 3rd round comp pick for him and that'll be all. I hope I'm wrong.
They'd have to have the contract work out first, then tag and trade. Anyway, what are the top 51 contracts? They could always ride Aaron first, get him off the books, then tag and trade Davante. Ball would figure it out. Not sweating that part of it.

They'd have to have the contract work out first, then tag and trade. Anyway, what are the top 51 contracts? They could always ride Aaron first, get him off the books, then tag and trade Davante. Ball would figure it out. Not sweating that part of it.
Math does not work. Tag is $19m and with dead money Rodgers only lowers cap by $20m. Still have to shed Z Smith and more.

Back