Post game: Niners beat Packers 13-10

I don’t think they had a plan at all this last season.
Rodgers dictated ultimatums to them and they caved.
If that’s a plan? Uh Oh!
I don't think any of us will know whether they had a plan already 6 months ago. That's not my point. They have had 6 months since then to actually come up with a couple of plans, subject to modification based on how this season unfolded. If they're just starting now to figure out the cap hell - then yes, we are indeed sunk.

I don't think any of us will know whether they had a plan already 6 months ago. That's not my point. They have had 6 months since then to actually come up with a couple of plans, subject to modification based on how this season unfolded. If they're just starting now to figure out the cap hell - then yes, we are indeed sunk.
I am convinced the plan 6 months ago was the last dance hence the contract restructure. They are smart enough to know they can’t walk it back without a major purge or rework and that might have even played into 17 not coming to terms on a deal. I believe the “we want him back “ is a nice narrative to drive up the market

Ahhh the beautiful mystery. What they did last August was out of desperation, with no real strategy. If they did not fold, they feared he would sit out or retire and the organization left with nothing. Translation they blinked. They probably did not see an MVP type season either.

Fast forward to January, they now have a cap mess, the best WR in football as a potential UFA and a raw QB with limited weapons. Good times
I hate to admit it, but I think this post is dead-on. And if it IS the case, the BOD needs to address it at the top. Because that is incredibly inept....and probably true. As much as I have grown weary of Aaron's drama act and would not mind seeing him traded, he has covered a lot of the deficiencies at the top of this organization. We'll see how good they really are at their jobs when Rodgers does leave. To be honest, kinda dreading it! titanic(

I hate to admit it, but I think this post is dead-on. And if it IS the case, the BOD needs to address it at the top. Because that is incredibly inept....and probably true. As much as I have grown weary of Aaron's drama act and would not mind seeing him traded, he has covered a lot of the deficiencies at the top of this organization. We'll see how good they really are at their jobs when Rodgers does leave. To be honest, kinda dreading it! titanic(
Well it was a lose / lose situation either way. You trade him in April the financial hit is massive and you still have cap issues. Love plays 17 games? Probably not optimal. If he walks same situation.

I am convinced the plan 6 months ago was the last dance hence the contract restructure. They are smart enough to know they can’t walk it back without a major purge or rework and that might have even played into 17 not coming to terms on a deal. I believe the “we want him back “ is a nice narrative to drive up the market
I agree - I do not believe AR is part of the plan going forward. Regardless, even letting #12 and #17 walk you still have a lot of decisions to make.

I agree - I do not believe AR is part of the plan going forward. Regardless, even letting #12 and #17 walk you still have a lot of decisions to make.
We are on the same page. The only thing it gives you is more financial certainty sooner.

100%. They are the type of org that will always make these flowery statements in public but they know what the truth is about both him as a player and his contract situation and the cap situation.

They bent over backwards to go after that super bowl one more time with him. I think it was the right decision at the time and I still think that was the right decision. People can moan about how it turned out and who got played, blah blah blah, do it all you want, but opportunities like this don't come along often and you have to go for it when they're around. The Bills were so close for 3-4 years in row in the early 90's, but do you think any Bills fans in the early 90's really thought that the guy who would get them back to that place of prominence wasn't even born yet? Do Packer fans now realize that may be the case? It doesn't have to be but you just don't know.

They went all in, they lost, now you pay the piper but you also don't sit back and let yourself get run over, they can still field a competitive team.

Davante calls himself the best, doesn't mean he is.

100%. They are the type of org that will always make these flowery statements in public but they know what the truth is about both him as a player and his contract situation and the cap situation.

They bent over backwards to go after that super bowl one more time with him. I think it was the right decision at the time and I still think that was the right decision. People can moan about how it turned out and who got played, blah blah blah, do it all you want, but opportunities like this don't come along often and you have to go for it when they're around. The Bills were so close for 3-4 years in row in the early 90's, but do you think any Bills fans in the early 90's really thought that the guy who would get them back to that place of prominence wasn't even born yet? Do Packer fans now realize that may be the case? It doesn't have to be but you just don't know.

They went all in, they lost, now you pay the piper but you also don't sit back and let yourself get run over, they can still field a competitive team.
Matt's is what gives us a chance. Now we have a defense that can step up too. Let's go with that.

Back