Post game: Niners beat Packers 13-10

Thing is to clear enough cap space to tag Adams and keep Rodgers to trade means you need to find way to clear about $65 million in cap space. That means cutting around 8-10 players restrcture Clark and Bak and probably find a way to extend Alexander and lower his cap number. That's a ton of work to do to be able to tag Adams to attempt a trade.
Well, management put us in this mess, so now they need to earn their pay. You would hope that when they made the deal with AR last summer, that they also did have a plan for what they had to do this offseason. Not like this just popped up now.

No, they lost year 1 camp due to Covid and he's a yr behind where they want him.... I think they want to squeeze another year out of Aaron to totally get Love up to speed.
Spending that kind of money to accomplish that just don’t make sense.
Sign a stop gap veteran QB and roll with that for a year.

Well, management put us in this mess, so now they need to earn their pay. You would hope that when they made the deal with AR last summer, that they also did have a plan for what they had to do this offseason. Not like this just popped up now.
You would hope so HK4 but I'm not sure of anything with this front office. I guess a plan of going all in and compromising the near future is a plan, so I give them that, but as you say, I would have hoped they planned 2 steps ahead of last seasons action. We will see.

Ahhh the beautiful mystery. What they did last August was out of desperation, with no real strategy. If they did not fold, they feared he would sit out or retire and the organization left with nothing. Translation they blinked. They probably did not see an MVP type season either.

Fast forward to January, they now have a cap mess, the best WR in football as a potential UFA and a raw QB with limited weapons. Good times

You would hope so HK4 but I'm not sure of anything with this front office. I guess a plan of going all in and compromising the near future is a plan, so I give them that, but as you say, I would have hoped they planned 2 steps ahead of last seasons action. We will see.
I don’t think they had a plan at all this last season.
Rodgers dictated ultimatums to them and they caved.
If that’s a plan? Uh Oh!

Spending that kind of money to accomplish that just don’t make sense.
Sign a stop gap veteran QB and roll with that for a year.
You invested in #10. See what you got. You have a 5th year option starring you in the face that complicates things a bit.

Sign Mariota as a backup, have a vet presence to help and if things go south you have plan B

I don’t think they had a plan at all this last season.
Rodgers dictated ultimatums to them and they caved.
If that’s a plan? Uh Oh!
That's true, but Love obviously was not ready. They needed Aaron for a year.

You invested in #10. See what you got. You have a 5th year option starring you in the face that complicates things a bit.

Sign Mariota as a backup, have a vet presence to help and if things go south you have plan B
Personally I think with cap issues Packers go cheap at backup QB and just have Benkert as backup to Love.

Back