Post Game Packers fall 24-21 to San Fran

Tough way to go out but this team exceeded expectations in so many ways. Love and his young WR will learn from this. Our defense will learn and ML and Gute will hopefully learn a lot about the holes they have. Great season!
The kicker will improve.

Have to give Barry props. It was really offensive mistakes that cost them the game. Barry and the defense had them in it the whole way.

I hope the players can eventually get over the dissapointment and understand how special a group this is. To do what they did when everyone had written them off… this showed a mental toughness Gb had been missing for awhile.

The way they played as a team was really refreshing. Guys stepped up after injury, they left everything on the field tonight.

I’ll save the other stuff for our draft thread :)

They played pretty darned good. They're going to be even better next year. Carlson had more misses than any other kicker in the league this year. It will make the Packers find competition for camp. Outcome? I have no idea.

Barry's defense continues to show that they've arrived. A little more 2nd half offense, and a made FG, and the Packers would be on their way to the NFC Championship game.

GB inexperince showed tonight. Some gaffs they made against a team that you can't make gaffs against. But hell they showed they belong! Everyone said they won't even be in this game as they were 10 point underdogs. You don't have a couple of those gaffs and GB maybe wins this game. I am so proud of this team how they fought this year in the 2nd half. Many teams would have given up and just went thru the paces in the 2nd half of this season. Instead this team showed despite how young they were they fought with everything they had and made the playoffs. Even then they took out the #2 seed and gave the #1 all they could handle. I truly think this team arrived 2 years before the so called experts thought they would if they would arrive at all because many never gave Love a chance at all to be good. If Gute and Co can hit this upcoming draft like they have the last couple drafts. Well I think the rest of the NFL better be on notice! Say it with me GO PACK GO!

It's always hard to end a season but this has been a helluva ride. Lots of learning done in season and there will be some more in the off-season. Proud of this team for what they've displayed and accomplished this season. Lots of positives heading into to the off-season.

Was a great season with everyone here too. The best place on the internet!

The Pack played hard.

However,

Once again, but not completely like they used to, they were out manned by the 9ers. The gap closed, but they were the more physical, more mentally tough, and faster football team.

DEFENSE:

I would love a defense that was a 'stopper.' We don't have it but they actually did enough.

I hate the scheme. How many 3d and 5s are our guys 6 yards back - and they're not 6 yards back flying forward.

Unfortunately, I think Barry saved his job. I do believe our personnel could be used better.

OFFENSE:

When it was needed, the offense didn't get it done.

4th and 1. We're just not a team that pushes people out of the way. We never should have done that. Obviously, I'm assuming our quarter flip kicker makes it. But still, we are not a team that pushes people out of the way and plows over them. I hated the call.

Love proved he's very good. Above average. But he has not proved he's the next coming. He hasn't. I'm not saying he's a bust or that we should aggressively go get somebody, I'm saying this because we need to be very careful financially with him. I just don't think he merits the huge salary he'll probably demand. In the clutch, in a harsh environment, he didn't get it done. That's horribly harsh. It's a hard world. We need to be careful.

Lots of good news on offense with everyone. My major gripe is going for it on 4th down - especially the way we tried. We just aren't a tough get the hell out of our way team. We are a strategic and tactical tough team and need to play that way.

It was a far better year than I expected before Thanksgiving. They turned it around. Made it exciting and had me believing.

YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT:

I'll never be the guy that finds glory in losing. We lost. I'm not happy to have gotten this far. It's hard to win a championship. You have to grab every opportunity. It looks like we set for the future, but that is now 17 games away.

They had opportunities that they couldn’t take advantage of and it was too much to overcome on the road against a good team. Really wanted the legend of Love to continue to grow and it’s a gut wrenching way to go out, truth is for all the optimism - you just never know when you’ll be back! It was a total team loss but everyone will remember that INT. Just the way it goes

The Pack played hard.

However,

Once again, but not completely like they used to, they were out manned by the 9ers. The gap closed, but they were the more physical, more mentally tough, and faster football team.

DEFENSE:

I would love a defense that was a 'stopper.' We don't have it but they actually did enough.

I hate the scheme. How many 3d and 5s are our guys 6 yards back - and they're not 6 yards back flying forward.

Unfortunately, I think Barry saved his job. I do believe our personnel could be used better.

OFFENSE:

When it was needed, the offense didn't get it done.

4th and 1. We're just not a team that pushes people out of the way. We never should have done that. Obviously, I'm assuming our quarter flip kicker makes it. But still, we are not a team that pushes people out of the way and plows over them. I hated the call.

Love proved he's very good. Above average. But he has not proved he's the next coming. He hasn't. I'm not saying he's a bust or that we should aggressively go get somebody, I'm saying this because we need to be very careful financially with him. I just don't think he merits the huge salary he'll probably demand. In the clutch, in a harsh environment, he didn't get it done. That's horribly harsh. It's a hard world. We need to be careful.

Lots of good news on offense with everyone. My major gripe is going for it on 4th down - especially the way we tried. We just aren't a tough get the hell out of our way team. We are a strategic and tactical tough team and need to play that way.

It was a far better year than I expected before Thanksgiving. They turned it around. Made it exciting and had me believing.

YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT:

I'll never be the guy that finds glory in losing. We lost. I'm not happy to have gotten this far. It's hard to win a championship. You have to grab every opportunity. It looks like we set for the future, but that is now 17 games away.
There’s no such thing as being careful financially with QBs. You either commit or move on. Your guy is either a $50m per year guy or you’re replacing him. Just the way it is.

They had opportunities that they couldn’t take advantage of and it was too much to overcome on the road against a good team. Really wanted the legend of Love to continue to grow and it’s a gut wrenching way to go out, truth is for all the optimism - you just never know when you’ll be back! It was a total team loss but everyone will remember that INT. Just the way it goes
Every year is different and it's darn tough to make it back but we can have hope!

Back