Post Game Packers fall 24-21 to San Fran

They win the game if the DBs we have caught the INTs thrown right to them. This reminds strongly of the Atlanta game. So many missed chances

Missed chances everywhere today. Failed 4th down that should have been at least 3 points - coaching miss. Missed FG - special teams miss. Poor final drive - Love/offense miss. Two dropped easy interceptions - defensive miss.

It's the difference between a young team and a veteran squad with a little more skill and a little more composure.

On the FG thing. On both the one he made and the one he missed the snap was bad. They were both low.
Yea, and on low snaps, timing is messed up.. so how much of Carlsons problems are on the snap and hold?? I believe Carlson will be fine with experience. The missed PATs are concerning, but outside of the PATs, which you can't compare to Crosby because Crosby was kicking short PATs, his rookie season was very similar to Crosby. His missed PATs I think will resolve with experience as long as they figure out the snap and hold.

Crosby 31-39 on FGs, 1-19 yards 1-1, 20-29 yards 8-8, 30-39 yards 10-11, 40-49 yards 9-14, 50+ 3-5
Carlson 27-33 on FGs, 1-19 yards 0-0, 20-29 yards 6-6, 30-39 yards 14-14, 40-49 yards 4-8, 50+ 3-5

Yea, and on low snaps, timing is messed up.. so how much of Carlsons problems are on the snap and hold?? I believe Carlson will be fine with experience. The missed PATs are concerning, but outside of the PATs, which you can't compare to Crosby because Crosby was kicking short PATs, his rookie season was very similar to Crosby. His missed PATs I think will resolve with experience as long as they figure out the snap and hold.

Crosby 31-39 on FGs, 1-19 yards 1-1, 20-29 yards 8-8, 30-39 yards 10-11, 40-49 yards 9-14, 50+ 3-5
Carlson 27-33 on FGs, 1-19 yards 0-0, 20-29 yards 6-6, 30-39 yards 14-14, 40-49 yards 4-8, 50+ 3-5
I brought this up in shout last night but Bob McGinn i think was the only media guy noticing the bad snaps. Says it’s been happening all season, no one fixes it or points it out and Bisaccia tolerates it. Whole operation bit them.

Here are my thoughts..

Why did the Packers lose this game??

1 - coaching decisions by a coach who hadn't been in this spot before
2 - decision making by a first year QB late
3 - special teams play

This is exactly why it's invaluable for the youngest team in the NFL to be in this spot. Would it have been more valuable to win this game, and play in the NFC championship game? Perhaps. But.. ML hopefully learned that if you believe you will win this game like you said you did, you don't act desperate and you take that FG. JL will learn that you don't play desperate on first down late and make a throw you shouldn't.. He makes that throw on 4th down late, it's fine, but not on first down with plenty of time left. Gute hopefully learned that as the cap opens up a little bit, special teams are important, and the long snapper is a critical part of the team. Not something you spend a ton of money on, but you need a good one.

Lots of lessons to learn from this season for both the team, and the fans. We learned we have our next QB. We learned this young group of draft picks are legit. What don't we know? Which is the real Gute?? The guy who often whiffed or drafted guys too high early in his tenure IMO, or the guy who drafted the last 2 years?? Maybe he's not the idiot I thought he was early and has learned from his mistakes too?? We learned this defense can in fact play now that the offense has grown into a productive unit. A defense built to play with a good offense often doesn't look great when the offense isn't because most defenses cannot be constructed to be stout against the run and effective stopping the pass. There are exceptions obviously.

Back