Post Game Packers Slip by Redskins 20-15

Tom Silverstein

@TomSilverstein
·
7h
LaFleur said some plays take time to develop and that's why it may seem at times that Rodgers is not delivering the ball quickly. He said Washington dropped eight into coverage some, too, and that led to Rodgers holding the ball longer.

I also just rewatched the tape. I know you cannot see all the WR's downfield but I saw only 2 more plays besides the one that Ben Fennel showed where AR could have checked down or thrown to an open WR. AR definitely is going thorough his progressions slower which I think is leading to him not seeing some open WR's. Having said that, I do not think it is as bad as Ben Fennell and other people want to believe. JMO.

there's a lot of people who just can't wait to find fault with a guy who has been the mvp and had a long and illustrious career. media mavens love to tear down heroes.
Fennell's thing has actually usually been to highlight positive plays by the Packers. This week came as a surprise to me.

I personally don't get people wanting to blame/defend ONE thing, when all of the below can be true to varying degrees:

1) AR missed some throws and reads
2) Washington played 7 or 8 in coverage, and did it well on some plays #theygetpaidtoo
3) WRs failed to get open on certain plays
4) ML's play-calling wasn't the best
5) Misc: The missed Aaron Jones deep ball was due to Jones releasing inside the defender rather than outside as designed. AR threw it in time and to the right spot. The reason for Jones' mishap? The defender slipped and sorta blocked the outside release. AR had no time to see and react to that, so he threw a ball that looked real bad, but wasn't. Ross Uglem, who tweeted about it, actually issued an apology after ML's press conference.

2010 At this time Rodgers was a 27 year old QB in middle of his prime. 2019 you have a 36 year old who has had several injuries and is on the back 9 of his career.

2010 At this time Rodgers was a 27 year old QB in middle of his prime. 2019 you have a 36 year old who has had several injuries and is on the back 9 of his career.

and yet, with a less talented supporting cast on offense, and a far less talented defense, the packers are 10-3 in 2019 vs 8-5 in 2010.

and yet, with a less talented supporting cast on offense, and a far less talented defense, the packers are 10-3 in 2019 vs 8-5 in 2010.

Difficult to compare seasons/records. One loss in 2010 was without Rodgers at QB, one other loss (DET) GB lost 7-3 after Rodgers got knocked out of the game, now to be fair that was over 14 weeks. The 2010 team underachieved plain and simple, lost 3 of 4 early but righted the ship.

5) Misc: The missed Aaron Jones deep ball was due to Jones releasing inside the defender rather than outside as designed. AR threw it in time and to the right spot. The reason for Jones' mishap? The defender slipped and sorta blocked the outside release. AR had no time to see and react to that, so he threw a ball that looked real bad, but wasn't. Ross Uglem, who tweeted about it, actually issued an apology after ML's press conference.

i was going to post that ross uglem tweet this morning but you beat me to it. proof that these twitter dudes do not always know what they are talking about.

i was going to post that ross uglem tweet this morning but you beat me to it. proof that these twitter dudes do not always know what they are talking about.
I thought it was cool of him to admit it. It was impossible to know without inside knowledge of what Jones was supposed to do. All-22 doesn't mean you have all the information. I still love 'em pointing out things I don't see on first watching, like this sweet judo move by Z.

Mike's teams always underperformed during the season, then turned around just before they were eliminated.

Frankly what I see is a lot of what has been going on for years. As Gary Ellerson said last week on the post game show, it seems that Mike McCarthy "wasn't the problem."

I like Matt and his scheme better than Mike I"m glad the change was made. However this team would look a lot better if the QB would use proper mechanics and execute the offense.

Back