Post Game Saints 38 Green Bay 3

This is a playoff team and unless he injured 12 is under center. Will it make a deep run? Personally doubtful. Some of the issues from last year are still there but right now to me it’s an aberration.
If they are going to be a playoff team, they're going to have to show it. The way they played against the Saints told me they are more inclined to be a 6 or 7 win team, and that's not nearly good enough.

I'm not putting any stock in yesterday's game as far as score. It was the execution, and the coaching. Plenty of blame to go around. I'm just not on board with all these "gonna win it all" ideas, or the "we're doomed" philosophy either. Just looking at it clinically, and making a personal diagnosis.

Quite some time ago, Mark said the Packers should have traded Rodgers and taken the cap hit. He was obviously right. They would have gotten top value, but instead, they decided to mitigate some of the blame, by keeping him on board this year, kissing his behind, and actually knowing they had no idea where this season was going. Essentially, they wrote it off, to save the negative vibes that would have come from a lot of die-hards in Packer nation. Gotta remember, Murphy was President when the Favre fiasco took place. He probably didn't see this as an issue to take a stand on today. He waffled, and here we are.

As I said. The players will play hard. They're auditioning either to stay in GB, or for future jobs. If Rodgers goes, we're going to lose others as well. In years past, ML would have never pulled Rodgers late in the 3rd quarter, and given Love snaps. But, because they want to start the process of his leading the team, expect more of this as the season progresses. In fact, if you see Rodgers acting like he has a twinge, it's very possible ML will throw Love out there immediately, to give him more exposure. The hope is, from everyone in the Packer hierarchy, that Love looks so darned good in game situations that everyone will tell Rodgers; "Don't let the door hit you in the rear on the way out; We found someone just as good."

If they are going to be a playoff team, they're going to have to show it. The way they played against the Saints told me they are more inclined to be a 6 or 7 win team, and that's not nearly good enough.

I'm not putting any stock in yesterday's game as far as score. It was the execution, and the coaching. Plenty of blame to go around. I'm just not on board with all these "gonna win it all" ideas, or the "we're doomed" philosophy either. Just looking at it clinically, and making a personal diagnosis.

Quite some time ago, Mark said the Packers should have traded Rodgers and taken the cap hit. He was obviously right. They would have gotten top value, but instead, they decided to mitigate some of the blame, by keeping him on board this year, kissing his behind, and actually knowing they had no idea where this season was going. Essentially, they wrote it off, to save the negative vibes that would have come from a lot of die-hards in Packer nation. Gotta remember, Murphy was President when the Favre fiasco took place. He probably didn't see this as an issue to take a stand on today. He waffled, and here we are.

As I said. The players will play hard. They're auditioning either to stay in GB, or for future jobs. If Rodgers goes, we're going to lose others as well. In years past, ML would have never pulled Rodgers late in the 3rd quarter, and given Love snaps. But, because they want to start the process of his leading the team, expect more of this as the season progresses. In fact, if you see Rodgers acting like he has a twinge, it's very possible ML will throw Love out there immediately, to give him more exposure. The hope is, from everyone in the Packer hierarchy, that Love looks so darned good in game situations that everyone will tell Rodgers; "Don't let the door hit you in the rear on the way out; We found someone just as good."
This on paper is a 10-11 win team and nothing that I saw yesterday changes that. We all knew the flaws before snap one. Should they have traded Rodgers? Financially no, it would have created more havoc when it came to roster management. They were in a rock and a hard place considering they extended #69, #33. It’s the Last Dance or bust.

The OL & DL were awful. The WR still can’t separate and they can’t get pressure on the QB. The OL is the least of my concerns, the rest is not breaking news hence 10-11 wins.

I think they'll bounce back. This is like that time they went to San Diego and took a shit. Both times they went out to the coast.

They'll bounce back, we play the Loins coming up. Good opportunity to re-establish themselves.

Btw, Deguara had a concussion.

If Packers struggle all year 90% of blame will be directed at Rodgers for what happened in the off-season this year by the fans.

The Packers OLs and DLs got dominated. Everything else stemmed from that. Sometimes it's pretty simple.
ML was made to look like a chump also. He got out coached so bad it was not funny

Will be interesting for game plan vs Detroit do you try to run the ball this week or does Rodgers say hey last week was not normal me and him try to go out throw for 300+ yards and 4 TDs?

Buffalo played their starters 3 quarters vs GB and lost yesterday at home to a very average Pittsburgh team. Perspective
Will say Buffalo was strange game they just fell apart 2nd half but once again the team that adjusts at half is key.

Back